MultiFreek is a VST plug-in providing you with handy way to monitor the spectral picture of up to 7 different audio tracks simultaneously in a single window. Being a multi-channel spectral analyzer, it not only shows smooth graphs for each track separately, but also allows you to:
- Assign different colors to them.
- Put arbitrary text captions.
- Rearrange graphs as you want.
- Freeze graphs at any moment to get an instant snapshot of your frequency picture.
- Enable graph smoothing for easier visual analysis when necessary.
- See the spectrum on controllable level of detail (overall picture or specific frequency range).
- Enlarge or reduce spectrums in order to fit them into size comfortable for monitoring. Doing this either "globally" - for all sources at one mouse move, or "locally" - for each source individually.
- Choose between two different analysis modes:
- Efficient mode which allows to maintain high bass precision while being very CPU friendly.
- Precise mode which uses traditional Fourier transform and gives exact frequency picture of signal in expense of higher CPU load.
A short video guide is available here.
Another distinct feature of MultiFreek is that it shows spectrum analyzer graphs one above another avoiding visual clutter on screen. This approach allows to avoid using transparency in graphic processing, thus saving your CPU resources. All performance-critical graphic code is written without using CPU-consuming anti-aliasing graphic libraries.
Currently, MultiFreek analyzer comes as a VST plugin compatible with VST hosts running on Windows.