MUSE is flexible and diverse, containing roughly 38 GB of material. It includes a set of orchestral instruments based on the Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection, as well as an extensive collection of Synth Basses, Pads, Leads, FX, Ethnic Instruments, Guitars, Basses and a broad variety of MULTI (aka COMBI) instruments that combine sonic elements to provide quick and easy to use instruments great for working on the fly, or use in live applications. MUSE is also GM compliant and includes some of the most detailed instruments ever designed to conform to the General MIDI specification.
MUSE uses the new Giga Virtual Instrument Engine (GVI) from Tascam which brings power and flexibility to the MUSE content by providing sample streaming & real-time performance capability.
Muse includes 38 GB of data dedicated to:
- Drums: Over 100 drum presets running the gamut from Rock & Pop to Techno & Hip Hop. Modular kit construction also makes it very simple for users to assemble their own kits from scratch using Muse's vast array of kicks, snares, toms, and cymbals from the world's leading drum manufacturers.
- Ethnic Melodic & Percussion Instruments: Sounds representative of the many abundant and diverse musical cultures found throughout the World; from the dulcimer-like styling of the Chinese Yangquin to the mighty cadences of Highland Bagpipes. Featuring a full complement of African, Afro-Cuban, Chinese and Brazilian percussion instruments. Over 50 unique ethnic instruments in all, covering the vast musical territory that spans the distance from Tijuana to Tibet.
- Analog & Digital Synths: Retro to Modern; a massive selection of Synth Leads, Basses, and Pads that puts all the power of Giga iMIDI technology at your fingertips. Monophonic and Portamento programming gives Muse Synth patches a vitality while real-time filter controls make it possible for users to engage in all manner of sonic morphing, shape-shifting, and other nefarious skullduggery.
- Guitars and Basses: Delicate acoustic to electric destruction. Legato Mode instruments make it possible to create smooth legato phrases whether you're laying down a cool jazz lick or hammering steel with a titanic lead line. Also, you'll find plenty of plucked, picked, and slapped Acoustic and Electric Basses to cover all of your bottom-end needs, whether the occasion calls for laying back in the pocket or stepping out front for a spotlight moment.
- Symphonic Instruments: Orchestral selections taken directly from SONiVOX' Complete Symphonic Collection. Over 14GB of solo & ensemble strings, brass, winds, mallets and percussion.
- Keyboards: Acoustic and electric keyboards running the gamut from the fabulously funky to the elegantly austere. Start with an eight velocity Grand Piano and begin working your way through Muse's collection of Drawbar Organs; Electric Pianos, Harpsichords and more.
- Pop Brass: Featuring our Baritone, Alto, Tenor, and Soprano Sax instruments, Muse Pop Brass ensemble presets make sequencing pop brass parts a snap.
- GM: "4GB of instrumental finery and a solemn guarantee from us that your distorted guitar patch will never sound like a piccolo again".
- Combis: Over 4GB of Combi patches covering a wide variety of genres.
- Build Your Own Combis: Need more? Why not build your own Combis? Multiple banks of essential sounds are provided - stripped down to their principal elements the better for you to stack and pile them up with abandon.