|Price (MSRP)||Free / $14.99|
|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
NanoStudio is a recording studio for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the powerful sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ. Share your tune on SoundCloud from wherever you are or use the comprehensive audio mixdown options and MIDI export feature to get your ideas over to your desktop DAW when you get back home.
NanoStudio's intuitive user interface frees you to get creative yet has loads of depth for when you need it.
- Eden Synth: Eden is a versatile synth. Eden creates analogue sounds ranging from deep basslines and fat pads all the way up to squealing 303 lines and heavily distorted leads. Each voice has 2 anti-aliased oscillators modulated in mix, ring or sync configurations fed into a low, band or high pass 2 pole resonant filter.
- TRG-16: The TRG-16 is a performance pad instrument for triggering samples. Adjust pitch, pan, volume and envelopes and assign each sample to one of its 3 output busses, each with its own effect sends and filter setup.
- Sampling: Record samples with the built-in mic (iPod Touch requires external mic), resample NanoStudio's own output or upload your own samples using NanoSync for OS X/Windows. Edit your samples using the built-in wave editing tools (with multiple undo/redo) and process them offline with custom effects chains.
- Sequencer: Record performances in real-time using the keys and trigger pads or create patterns and controller sweeps by drawing them in the piano roll editor. Arrange your patterns into a complete song using the track editor. You can edit while the song is playing and every operation has multiple undo/redo.
- Mastering: Nanostudio's mixer has 2 global effects sends, 4 insert effects per channel and you can record, edit and playback all your fader and pan changes. When you're ready to share your mix with others you can upload it direct to SoundCloud or use NanoSync to copy the exported .wav file to your Mac/PC.
- Effects: NanoStudio's reverb, compressor, parametric EQ, waveshaper, delay, chorus, and bitcrusher effects are all highly optimized so you can run lots of them.
NanoStudio for Mac OS X and Windows*
Free full versions of NanoStudio are available for you to try out on your Mac or PC. It has exactly the same features as the iOS version but doesn't have multi-touch capability and is unlikely to fit in your pocket.
* Please note that this is a free development release and is not tested to the same high standard as the iOS app.