NLS Non-Linear Summer brings users the analog summing sound of three legendary consoles in one plugin:
- The "magical" solid state console belonging to Mark 'Spike' Stent (Björk, Muse, Maroon 5, Madonna).
- The classic console owned by Mike Hedges (The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Dido, Faithless, Manic Street Preachers, U2), heard on such timeless recordings as Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon.
- The vintage British console customized for Yoad Nevo (Bryan Adams, Pet Shop Boys, Sugababes, Goldfrapp, Air).
Waves modeled over 100 individual channels in all, capturing the unique color, character, and behavior of each and every input and summing bus amp.
- Non-linear summing plugin.
- Three legendary consoles in one plugin.
- Over 100 individually modeled channel and summing bus amps.
- Developed in association with top producer/engineers.
- Adds analog warmth and character.
- Global control over all NLS plugins in the session.
NLS Channel/Buss Controls:
- Studio sets the console type.
- Drive controls the amount of harmonic distortion, increasing the input signal and decreasing the internal headroom.
- Output / Trim controls gain adjustment.
- VCA Group assigns the NLS instance to a VCA Group, for global control via the VCA Groups Console.
- Link toggles between Dual Mono mode, where the left and right channels are not identical models, and Stereo mode, where left and right are identical.(NLS stereo Channel only).
- Mic the headroom by simulating mic input levels. (NLS Channel only).
- Bypass deactivates analog harmonics, noise and frequency response effects.
- Noise activates modeled analog noise.
- VCA Tab shows and hides the VCA Groups Console section.
- Meter displays output signal peak dBFS values.
VCA Group Console Controls:
- Auto enables automation writing and reading for the VCA Groups Console.
- Group Bypass the NLS effect on all instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Noise controls the noise for all the NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Drive sets the drive offset value for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Trim sets the output gain offset value for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Studio sets the studio type for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Name a text field which allows you to customize the name of each VCA Group.