The Olympus Micro Choir is a compact, yet fully functional and playable male/female symphonic choir library designed to offer a taste of the features and sound that Soundiron's full Olympus Symphonic Collection offers. Including selected content from both Mars and Venus divisi choirs, this compact virtual choral instrument represents a glimpse at the types of sample and programming content found in the larger Collection. It can also serve as a basic high-quality choir pad kit for those who just need the basics, but still want professional quality, natural acoustics and expanded control features.
The interface includes real-time control over dynamic intensity, tempo, sample playback start position, attack shape, release sample decay time and release volume, simulated polyphonic legato transitions **, and other advanced control for two independent ensemble section layers in the same GUI. The interface is designed to allow the creation of new phonetic combinations, sustains and syllable sequences from the raw material provided, with full automation support.
Olympus Micro includes:
- Full Men's and Women's divisi sections, with editable note ranges.
- 100BPM Latin "Dominum" chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable.
- 140BPM Russian "Raduisya" chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable.
- "Oo" pp & "Ah" ff vowel sustains w/ releases.
- "Oo" pp and "Ah" ff vowel staccatos.
- Use the Offset, Attack & Release controls to shape your own syllables, sustains and phrases.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Independent Release decay timing and Release Volume controls.
- Master Full Ensemble and Staccato presets with independent controls for men's and women's sections.
- Divisi Men's and Divisi Women's Section presets.
- Customers who order Olympus Micro are eligible for a discount on an upgrade to the full version Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection.
The following special features are not supported by SFZ.
- Dual layer articulation blending, crossfading and phrase morphing.
- 5 Bonus Atmospheric FX presets.
- Simulated divisi & dual-layer polyphonic legato with customizable controls.
- Bonus Special FX presets for creating atmospheric pads and soundscapes.
- Automatic polysustain host tempo-synching for Kontakt 5 presets.
- 10 Special FX & 10 Natural Environmental Reverb impulses integrated into the interface to create your own effects.
- 3-band parametric EQ with sweepable mids.
- 140 samples.
- 207 MB Installed.
- 4 sfz instrument presets.
- 12 nki Kontakt 4 instrument presets.
- 12 nki Kontakt 5 instrument presets.
- 24-bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format.
- Open format to allow user customization.
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5, SFZ and wav.
Note: The nki presets in this product require the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later. Kontakt 5.0.3 or later is required in order to use all TM Pro tempo synching content. The free Kontakt Player does not support Olympus Micro Choir.
SFZ: This library also includes SFZ presets for the 4 primary instrument preset types, with support for the core performance parameters and automation: multi-articulation selection by menu & keyswitches, with controls for swell, attack, offset, release time, release volume and pan for each divisi section, plus a global vibrato control. These SFZ presets are optimized for best results when using the free Sforzando Player by Plogue.