Organ 3 by LinPlug is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin. It functions as a VST Plugin, an Audio Units Plugin and an RTAS Plugin.
Plug-in, App & Soundware Format(s)
Operating System Availability
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Max. 6 itemsLatest Version Changes
Organ 3 is a software organ emulation with all controls found on the original Hammond B3 as well as a sophisticated rotary speaker simulation.
- Authentic emulation of many classic organs and the rotary speaker, get the sound of the original.
- Each emulated aspect is individually switchable or adjustable.
- 3 manuals, individually adjustable and playable on separate MIDI channels or in split or layer mode.
- Dual effects section with fully syncable rotary, reverb, delay and chorus, and new: Gator and LoFi crusher.
- 64 voice polyphonic (CPU dependent).
- Individually adjustable Percussion for upper and lower manual.
- Adjustable Keyclick and Motor noise from off to authentic or even up to overemphasized.
- Controller hardware (faderbox or synth) can be used to control the LinPlug Organ 3 parameters using the LinPlug ECS.
- Switchable Portamento / Glide.
- Adjustable age from factory new to trashy.
- Spread (Unison) for each manual.
- ADSR envelope for each manual.
- Microtuning support (TUN files) for different scales.
- Including 11 alternative tonewheels.
- Fully recognized velocity, adjustable pitch bend.
- Rotary simulation with full sync to song tempo (even tempo changes can be synced).
- Sample accurate timing.
- Full parameter automation.
- Settings are saved with your song.
Reviewed By pHuzZ
September 2, 2002
i bought this pretty much on impulse cos i thought i needed a decent vsti organ emulator [and couldnt / cant afford b4] . . . id already got a couple of linplug instruments [cronoX and rm III] and trusted the company . . . they didnt disappoint . . .
good stuff . . .
.sounds great [nice and dirty . . . just how i like it]
.the tempo-synced leslie acceleration just ROCKS !! [why hasnt anyone done this before ? ]
.great presets . . . to use as they are or build on and tweak
.havent needed it for daorgan yet but linplug support is second to none
.pretty good on cpu usage
.hasnt glitched or crashed since i started playing with it earlier this week
. . . all in all . . .the only organ emulator i personally will ever needRead more
DaOrgan is a nice option for those of us who still can't afford the B4, but don't expect a straight out B3 clone with DaOrgan. This bad boy has a more modern edge than the B4, and just sounds fantastic. The great thing about the sound of this is that it can pull of some very nice B3-esque sounds, in fact version 2 seems to have gotten even closer to the B3 with the improved leslie and tonewheels. What is also nice is that by simply turning off the leslie and spending some time with the drawbars you can get pretty convincing combo organ tones out of it as well (especially once in a mix). The version 2 Leslie sounds great, and it now has fast/slow switching and syncable leslie speeds/acceleration which is quite the nice touch. I'd also love to use this Leslie as an effect, as it really does sound sweet so put that on my wishlist. The vibrato depth has also been increased in version 2, so you can get a very nice deep combo like vibrato now. The docs could use a couple of paragraphs explaining what drawbars are, and how they work as people unfamiliar with them may be quite daunted at first, but aside from that they go on to explain all of the other features/functions very well. One thing I would like to see is easier preset selection, as right now you have to go to a whole other screen just to load each preset or go through the up/down arrows, whereas a pop-up box would be much easier. Peter from Linplug also has a forum here, and is just great with customer support. I've never ever had a problem with this in Sonar via Fxpansions adapter, so stability is really a non-issue (as it should be). All in all this is one of my most used plug-ins, and for the cash it's an amazing bargain, if you need an organ plug-in you owe it to yourself to check this bad boy out before you shell out a lot more money for another.Read more