|Type / Tags|
Pastabass is a free sample library of a Squier Bass VI guitar recorded by KVR forum member Space Coyote and edited and mapped by Karoryfer Samples. The Bass VI was marketed as a bass in the 1960s, but in modern terminology it would be a baritone guitar rather than a bass.
- Spaghetti articulation - roundwound strings, played with a pick.
- Linguine articulation - flatwound strings, bridge pickup, played with a pick.
- Tagliatelle articulation - flatwound strings, pickup combo, played with a pick, muted.
- Fetuccine articulation - flatwound strings, neck pickup, played with fingers.
- 3-4 round robins and 3-4 velocity layers (depending on articulation).
- Controls for release time, muting, high-pass filter and vibrato with speed, depth, delay and fade.
- A separate SFZ mapping for each articulation plus one additional mapping with multiple voices and additional envelope and filter controls.
- 711 MB total file size.
- 621 MB download size.
Pastabass requires Plogue Sforzando version 1.809 or newer for all the controls to function.
The below demo uses four instances of Pastabass - one fetuccine playing the bass part, one spaghetti playing clean chords, one spaghetti with distortion, and one linguine first with autowah and then clean.