|Product||Peak Rider 2|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Peak Rider 2 is a dynamics and frequency processing plugin developed by Impact Soundworks. It detects a sidechain signal, which can be external, internal, or synth-generated, and uses it to process the main input. The interaction of the sidechain and main input can yield a wide range of useful effects and applications.
Unlike a traditional compressor, limiter, or expander, Peak Rider 2 applies continuous gain AND reduction based on the sidechain. For example, a vocal part being matched to the internal synth side chain will be boosted when the vocal falls below the sidechain, and attentuated when it rises above.
The depth and range of processing can be significantly edited, with multiple algorithms, detection modes, envelope shaping settings, and multi-band capability.
- Five unique processing modes for dynamics & frequency.
- Gain-compensating parametric EQ (up to 12 bands).
- Uses external sidechain, internal copy, or generated signal.
- Wide and multi band processing.
- Stereo L/R and mid/side modes.
- Three detection algorithms: Peak, RMS, Smooth (look-ahead).
- Adjustable range and mix settings.
- Full control over envelope reaction time: attack, decay, transient.
Six Creative Applications of Peak Rider 2
- PC and Mac VST2, VST3 - 32 and 64-bit.
- Mac Audio Units.
- PC and Mac AAX (Pro Tools).
- PC RTAS (legacy Pro Tools).
Peak Rider 2 is available now for $99. Owners of the original Peak Rider can upgrade for $10.