Pentagon I by Cakewalk is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin for Windows. It functions as a VST Plugin and a DirectX Plugin.
Plug-in, App & Soundware Format(s)
Operating System Availability
- 4 Oscillators, 13 Alias Free Waveforms each plus a Noise Generator per oscillator: Saw, Vintage Saw, Square, Vintage Square, Pulse 50%, Pulse 25%, Pulse 12%, Pulse 6%, Harmonics 5/2, Harmonics 3, Harmonics 4, Harmonics 5, Pure Sine.
4 User Loadable waveforms, in two modes: Simple shot and Full range.
- 64 voice polyphonic (CPU dependant) with polyphony limiter and Intelligent Voice Allocation (no clicks when maximum polyphony is exceeded).
- Full Legato mode for monophonic operation.
- Monophonic/Polyphonic portamento with Fixed or Variable per-key Time.
- Individual adjustment of Level, Waveform, Mode, Phase, Fine, Octave, Coarse tune, LFO sensitivity and Pitch Eg Intensity for each oscillator.
- Key Sync, Inverted, Free Running or Fixed Frequency mode selection for each oscillator.
- Dedicated Pitch Envelope Generator, with Start Level, Attack Time, Attack Level, Decay Time, Release Level, Release Time with fully bandlimited operation.
- Random Pitch control, with individual generators per oscillator.
- 4 Operation modes: Add (normal), Ring Modulation, Hard Sync and Frequency Modulation. Every group of two oscillators can select any operation mode.
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) with adjustable depth for every oscillator and phase shift control.
- 2 Superb resonant multimode filters (Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch) with individual adjustment for Type, Cutoff, Resonance, Attack, Sustain, Decay, Release, Envelope, Velocity, Keyboard Scaling, Aftertouch, Breath controller, Modulation.
Positive or Negative envelope modes.
- Link mode for the two filters.
- 2 Amplifier dedicated Envelope Generators with Attack Time, Hold Time, Decay Time, Sustain Level, Release Time, Keyboard tracking and Velocity control.
- Linear/Exponential selectable envelopes.
- Dedicated LFOs, for Pitch, Filter and Amplifier:
- 13 waveforms each: Sine, Square, Pulse 50%, Pulse 25%, Pulse 12%, Saw Up, Saw Down, Triangle, Step 1, Step 2, Random 1, Random 2, Sample and Hold.
- Variable offset of all waveforms, Delay, Fade, Speed Depth, Aftertouch, Breath and Modulation controls.
- All LFOs are individually syncable to Host Tempo.
- Loadable LFO waveforms.
- 5 Pitch Bend modes: Normal, Asymmetric, High Note, Low Note, Hold Notes. Pitch Bend range adjustable up to +12 semitones.
- Built-in effects section:
- 2 filter level effects:
- Drive control with Tone adjustment.
- Amp/Cabinet Simulator with 19 different simulations.
- 6 Modulation effects:
- Stereo Chorus.
- 4-Voice Chorus.
- Stereo Phaser.
- 4-Voice Phaser.
- Stereo Spread
- Stereo Delay
- Two Band Equaliser with adjustable frequency and ±12dB range.
- All effects can be disabled to save CPU.
- 4 outputs: Main stereo pair (with effects), 2 auxiliary mono outputs (dry).
- Master volume control for the whole instrument (all presets).
- Extensive MIDI implementation: Velocity, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Modulation, Breath, Sustain Sw.
- MIDI Learn mode: Any knob can be assigned to any parameter just shift-clicking on it and sending a MIDI CC. Multiple knobs (in any number) can be assigned to any controller with selectable polarity and MIN/MAX value.
MIDI Settings are remembered.
- 768 programs in 6 banks (a-f), 300 top quality factory presets selectable by right click.
Copy/Paste/Init functions to arrange presets.
- Reduced CPU utilisation.
- Sound Preview feature with MIDI transmit.
- Easy programming layout.