Phoenix is a sample library for Kontakt 5 consisting of a collection of synthesised strings and choirs. It features a brand new scripted engine with 2 customisable LFOs and an effects page. This thing is capable of making a wide variety of sounds, from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi pads.
- 6 layers or 'oscillators' which can be mixed, tuned and panned.
- ADSR and velocity controls for volume and low pass filter.
- 2 custom LFOs; draw your own waveforms and see the modulation happen.
- Phoenix can create everything from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi beeps and pads.
- 6 effects; chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, reverb with 21 impulses and tempo synced delay.
- 17 presets.
Phoenix uses an LFO engine that allows easy modulation of various parameters. There are 6 waveforms that you can load to and save, but you can also draw your own shapes.
See exactly how the LFO is modulating the controls. You can even assign both LFOs to modulate the same parameter to create a new shape.
Phoenix features a randomise button, which is good fun to play with and is perfect for discovering new sounds.
1 of the 6 effects that comes with Phoenix is the reverb unit. This has 25 custom made impulses that can mainly be used for interesting sound design. There is also a stretch control to change the length of the impulse.