Phonec is best described as an 'analog flux synthesizer'. Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind. However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses.
Phonec has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from its unique character and smooth workflow, Phonec has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd.
Here is a brief overview that highlights the most important aspects:
- Dual oscillators that can be combined in various ways.
- Analog style oscillator drifting.
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch.
- Accent Sequencer.
- 3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic).
- HFO (High Frequency Oscillator).
- 2 Modulation Envelopes.
- Echoshifter Delay Unit.
- External Audio Processor.
- Universal Value Display.
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- 128 presets