Pocket Beats Drum Machine is drum sequencer for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It was designed to overcome some of the problems of programming complex polyphonic drum patterns. Pocket Beats makes it a breeze to create precision drum loops with rapid retriggering and drumrolls. It takes just seconds to create complex rhythms using the touch-based grid interface.
Pocket Beats is made by Dream Engine Interactive and powered by our mobile-optimized Dream Audio Engine featuring custom DSP code. With Pocket Beats Drum Machine, you'll be able to tweak sounds with distortion effects pads. You can also experiment with a range of speeds, anywhere from 10-999 BPM, while still preserving sound quality.
Pocket Beats was created by MIT and MIT Media Lab grads to create precision drum beats on the go. Our drum kits were designed by a Berklee grad to help get you started and inspire you to create your own loops. It's easy enough for the beginner to use, but robust enough to satisfy a serious musician.
New drum kits and feature upgrades will be added regularly.
- Pocket Beats now works with Audiobus
- Polyphonic drum loops with up to seven instruments.
- Multi-touch grid interface to easily visualize the relationship between each instrument.
- Mute/solo individual instruments.
- Two touch-controlled effects pads.
- 10-999 BPM tempo control.
- Drumrolls and retriggering: instantly glitch any beat.
- Five free drum kits with more available for purchase in several genres.
- Export your loops as .wav files or ringtones.
- Upgrade to the Pro version to import your own samples, mix and match instruments, and get more control over effects.
Pocket Beats Drum Machine is available for free on the app store. Try it now.
Pocket Beats Drum Machine Pro is available as an in-app purchase for $4.99.