|Product||PolyKB II Player|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
PolyKB II Player is a fully featured synthesizer. It has eight fully customizable parameters that you can select, including ADSR values, Filter Cut Off and resonance, etc. These parameters can also receive full automation via MIDI CC. In addition, all of the real time controls already contained in the preset are made available to controllers present on the User Interface (i.e. the original Mod Wheel, After Touch, Velocity, LFO and envelope modulation assignments).
PolyKB II Player ships with the same 250 preset library as the original PolyKB II. It's also fully compatible with the Analog Bags 1 & 2 add-on sound banks, as well as 3rd party sound sets, giving the user the ability to enhance the original library at a very affordable price. All your custom patches are also saved via your host, and projects using custom patches are saved with all your edits.
- Same Hi Quality Sound Engine as the PolyKB II.
- Compatible with PolyKB II Add On Soundbanks.
- 8 user selectable parameters can be customized.
- MIDI Control Automation of all player parameters, including the 8 user selectable parameters.
- Full control of Arpeggio settings.
- Full control of Polyphony Settings.
- On/Off toggle for the 4 effects (If you want to use an external Delay for example).
- On/Off toggle for the Stereo effect.
- Selectable control of effects settings (To adapt the FX to the groove of your tracks for example).
- Advanced Preset Browser, which enables you to search a preset with multi-criteria operation.
Selectable PolyKB II Parameters include:
- Oscillator 1: Wave, Tune.
- Oscillator 2: Wave, Tune, Level.
- Filter: Frequency, Resonance, Overdrive, Keyb Amount, Envelope 2 Amount.
- Envelope 1&2: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.
- Effects: Dry/Wet (Delay, Chorus, Phaser, EQ).
Reviewed By sfd
June 9, 2014
I've been keeping an eye on this synth for a long time before I finally decided to buy it. Now I only regret I waited this long.
PolyKB II is an emulation of the Kobol synthesizer from the French company RSF. The original hardware synth is very rare. Only around 200 where ever made. But thanks to XILS-Lab this emulation is now available for everyone.
An example of the use of Kobol in synth-pop music of the 80s can be found in Yazoo's song "Only You" where this synth can be heard in the intro of the song.
PolyKB II (player) has a very warm, round and soft sound. It could be compared to the Minimoog, on witch the original hardware synth is inspired by, but with more features.
The player is a cut down version of PolyKB II. But it's still very powerful. Although it don't provide any real in-depth functions it has just enough functions for my needs.
The presets includes leads, basses, pads, sequenzed stuff, FX and much more. And there are more presets available. The PolyKB II player can play all presets of the full version of the synth.
The settings panel is also very good. Here you can, among many other things, find a very nice and easy to use section for assigning your MIDI controller to varous functions.
But the best thing with PolyKB II Player is the sounds! They are very alive. When I play on it I really feel that I'm dealing with a real instrument. I'm really getting personal with this wonderful synth. This is a top favorite in my collection.Read more