|Product||PPG Wave 3.V|
|Type / Tags|
Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V is the reincarnation of the legendary PPG Wave Synthesizer, which is considered one of the most respected high-end synthesizers of the 80s.
Developed by Wolfgang Palm, this instrument is featured on countless records, and it inspired a whole generation of producers, composers and listeners. While back then it was your choice to spend your money either for a vehicle or the PPG, the PPG Wave 3.V renders this sonic character much more affordable, to use for every VST or AU Host.
During the development of the PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf gladly received extensive advice from Wolfgang Palm himself to ensure that the PPG Wave 3.V becomes a worthy successor of this adorable jewel of the art of German engineering.
Unleash the massive sound potential with the charm of the "good old digital days" with this unique instrument, and bring back the pure joy and individuality of 80s synthesis with the PPG Wave 3.V.
- Up to 256 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power).
- 8 part Multimode.
- 8 Stereo Outputs.
- Host automation of most parameters.
- MIDI Controller automation of most parameters.
- More than 100 new Wavetables created by Wolfgang Palm.
- Original Waveterm B Factory Sample Library.
- Original PPG Wave Factory Sounds.
- 2 Wavetable Oscillators.
- Sample Playback with 8 bit, 12 bit or up to 32-bit.
- Authentic Aliasing Emulation of the PPG Wave 2.2/2.3/2.V or no aliasing.
- 12dB / 24 dB Low Pass Filter.
- Authentic Filter Emulation of the PPG Wave 2.2/2.3.
- Overdrive behind Filter.
- 1 LFO.
- 3 Envelopes.
- Authentic Emulation of the modulation graininess (switchable with True PPG).
Per Part (up to 8 parts available) :
- Poly, Dual, Quad and Mono (8 voices) mode with 8 different semitone offsets to create chords or melodic lines.
- Arpeggiator with Up, Down, Alternate and Cascade (PPG special) mode.
- True PPG Mode switchable between PPG Wave 2.2, Wave 2.3 and Wave 2.V.
- 4-Band EQ.
- Overdrive with various types.
- Phaser with up to 12 stages.
- Chorus with up to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay.
- Sample loading via drag&drop or load file dialog.
- Multisample playback by using the 8 part Multimode.
- 8 adjustable Cutoff / Resonance deviations to simulate analog inexactness.
- Finer adjustments of several values in Fine Modulation mode.