|Price (MSRP)||€149 / $179 / £114|
|Type / Tags|
32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista (x64)
VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
32-bit: OS X 10.6 or higher
AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
FabFilter Pro-DS is an intelligent de-esser plug-in. Featuring ingenious vocal sibilance detection, powerful processing options and insightful metering, truly transparent de-essing becomes effortless with FabFilter Pro-DS.
The unique newly developed Single Vocal algorithm in Pro-DS has an uncanny ability to separate sibilance from non-sibilance in individual vocal recordings. It almost always works right away without the need for complex manual tuning, making the de-esser very easy to set up. Alternatively, the classic Allround detection implements a custom side-chain filter path, tuned to perfection for de-essing full mixes or high-frequency limiting of any material.
The intuitive interface in FabFilter Pro-DS makes it easy to find the right settings quickly with great visual feedback. A large real-time level display shows a scrolling input waveform and highlights the parts affected by the de-essing algorithm, showing you exactly how much processing is going on. Finding the right Threshold setting becomes a trivial task with the circular side-chain input meter around the Threshold knob. In addition, the side-chain filter slider displays a real-time spectrum analyzer, enabling you to easily zoom in on problem frequencies. Advanced GPU-powered graphics acceleration ensures seamless animation and also keeps the main CPU free to do audio processing.
To fine-tune the sound, FabFilter Pro-DS offers optional look-ahead (up to 15 milliseconds) and adjustable stereo linking. In addition to general wide-band processing, linear-phase split-band processing is also available. Together with optional mid/side processing (affecting only the mono or stereo content) and up to four times linear-phase oversampling, Pro-DS is capable of highly transparent de-essing in the most demanding situations. All this power combined with its innovative, easy-to-use interface makes Pro-DS the perfect de-essing solution for any mixing and mastering job.
- Highly intelligent 'Single Vocal' detection, and classic 'Allround' detection.
- Transparent, program-dependent compression/limiting.
- Adjustable Threshold, Range and High-Pass and Low-Pass side-chain filtering settings.
- Wide Band or linear-phase Split Band processing.
- Optional look-ahead time up to 15 ms.
- Freely adjustable stereo linking.
- Optional mid-only or side-only processing.
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling.
- Real-time de-essing display, clearly showing the affected parts of processed audio.
- Side-chain input meter, making it easy to choose a good Threshold value.
- Real-time spectrum analyzer built into the HP/LP filter controller.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- High-quality 64-bit internal processing.
- Double-click text entry of parameter values.
- Large and compact interface sizes (with or without the real-time level display).
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces, such as Avid ICON D-Control and D-Command.
- All the usual FabFilter features you've come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, advanced optimization, and more.