|Price (MSRP)||$199 / €169 / £129|
|Type / Tags|
32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista (x64)
VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
OS X 10.6 or higher
AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
FabFilter Pro-MB is a multiband compression/expansion plug-in introducing unique workflow and signal processing advancements. Featuring free placement of bands anywhere in the spectrum and a newly developed Dynamic Phase processing mode, FabFilter Pro-MB stands out from the plug-in crowd by combining exceptional sound quality with a new way of thinking about multiband dynamics.
Instead of conventionally splitting the entire spectrum with crossovers, Pro-MB enables you to directly create a new band at the frequency range you want to work on. The interactive multiband display clearly shows that the rest of the spectrum stays untouched. And if desired, you can easily snap bands together to recreate a traditional crossover system.
FabFilter Pro-MB introduces a unique Dynamic Phase processing mode. It has virtually the same frequency response as traditional multiband processing, but doesn't introduce latency or pre-ringing, and only introduces minor phase changes when the gain actually changes. Of course, it also includes an excellent Linear Phase mode and a traditional Minimum Phase mode.
Up to six bands can be created, each offering a choice of downward or upward compression or expansion, together with a full set of dynamics controls, from range, ratio and knee control to lookahead and variable stereo linking. Intelligent, highly frequency- and program-dependent algorithms ensure excellent results with all kinds of program material. In Expert mode, more advanced features become available: mid- or side-only processing, external side chain triggering, including the option to trigger on a different, freely configurable frequency range.
FabFilter Pro-MB's large interface is streamlined and uncluttered. Creating, snapping and selecting bands is a breeze, as is adjusting and tweaking multiple selected bands. At any time, the most important settings for all bands are visible at a glance, together with a real-time dynamic gain change curve and spectrum analyzer. Intelligent audio processing combined with optimal interface workflow makes FabFilter Pro-MB an absolute time-saver and a joy to use.
- Up to six processing bands, freely placed anywhere in the spectrum.
- Bands can be easily snapped together to form a traditional crossover system.
- Unique Dynamic Phase processing mode featuring zero latency, no static phase changes and no pre-ringing artifacts.
- Excellent Linear Phase processing mode, eliminating audible artifacts when quickly changing crossover frequencies.
- Minimum Phase processing mode.
- Handles any form of dynamics processing, from highly transparent compression, limiting and expansion to pumping upward compression and punchy gating.
- Fully customizable per band: threshold, range, attack, release, output gain, ratio, variable knee, lookahead (up to 20 ms), variable stereo linking, mid- or side-only processing, external side chain input, triggering on a separate frequency range.
- Steepness of each crossover slope can be freely adjusted between 6 dB/oct and 48 dB/oct.
- Intelligent, highly program- and frequency-dependent attack and release curves.
- Unique interactive multiband display, designed for an optimal workflow.
- Global dry/wet mix from 0% to 200% to easily scale the total effect of the plug-in.
- High-quality audio processing algorithms with 64-bit internal processing where needed.
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling.
- Accurate and smooth real-time frequency analyzer with pre- and post-processing options and 'freeze' feature.
- Precise output metering.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Double-click text entry of parameter values.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces, such as Avid ICON D-Control and D-Command.
- All the usual FabFilter features you've come to expect: fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization, and more.