Proteus VX borrows its internal architecture from its big brother, Emulator X3. Although Proteus VX does not have the extensive editing capabilities of Emulator X3, it does offer 16 continuous controllers for each preset. The 16 controllers allow you to create subtle to radical transformations to the sounds, then save them with the bank.
The included v2.01 Proteus X Composer bank comes with over 1000 presets covering an immense range of sounds from the Proteus 2000 MIDI sound module. In addition, Proteus VX can load any sounds from the Emulator X library, as long as they can be loaded into system RAM (Sample-streaming not supported on Proteus VX).
Proteus VX is not copy protected or card locked like other versions of our instrument and sampling software, and can be used either as a VSTi or in stand-alone mode.
- 24-bit/192kHz audio playback.
- Can be used as VSTi or stand-alone (16 channel multi-timbral).
- Built-in 32-bit floating-point effects with 23 effects algorithms.
- High Voice Polyphony (system dependent).
- Drag and drop preset selection.
- Real-time controllers for all important control points.
- 54 different filter types including multi-pole resonant filters, phasers, flangers, vocal filters and multi-parameter morphing filters.
Note: Proteus VX tutorial support is not offered for this free download. Very limited technical support is available for basic setup and install issues. Proteus VX will install and function for most users under Windows Vista, but this product is only officially tested and supported for Windows XP.