|Type / Tags|
32-bit version: Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2 or newer.
64-bit version: Windows XP 64 (not tested), Vista x64 or newer.
Psycle is a free, Open-Source, music creation program that offers an easy way to create your own music, fast, and with high quality.
Psycle uses a classical tracker interface (a text grid of notes which are sequenced one after the other), coupled with modularity (plugins) that allow to extend the sounds that you get from it.
It supports three ways to get sound: its own native format, the VST Plugin standard, and recorded .wav samples using the sampler machine.
Notes are entered in patterns, where you can also use commands (plugin specific, or global), as well as automating parameters via the mcm and twk commands. These patterns are then organized in a linear sequence, which becomes the song order.
- A 64 Tracks Pattern Editor, with up to 1024 lines.
- 256 sequence positions.
- Audio Routing (machine) view to interconnect the virtual machines in order to apply different effects. Multi I/O for VST plugins is supported.
- Internal Stereo Sampler unit which supports .wav, .aiff, .iff/svx, .s3i, .its files of any sampling rate, 8/16 and 24-bits, mono or stereo.
- Modern tracker Sampler (Sampulse), with extends sampler support to .xi and .iti, and supports most of the Impulse Tracker like features, including filter.
- 70+ Native Plugins (generators & effects), most of them open-source and with an easy to use API to create new ones.
- Multithreaded audio engine.
- Support for VST1 and VST2 plugin standard, including support for jBridge.
- Imports .xm, .s3m, .it, .mod.
- Exporting to wav, as well as recording realtime to .wav.
- Configurable Keyboard Layout.
- MIDI-In Support (control Psycle using a MIDI keyboard, or even a software sequencer).
- Themes and skins support.