|Product||PX7 FM Synthesizer Rack Extension|
|Type / Tags|
The PX7 FM Synthesizer is a six operator FM synth for the Reason rack. As a faithful recreation of the popular DX series keyboards, it provides a wealth of new sounds, ranging from classic 80's bass and brass to modern textures, leads and growls.
But PX7 is not only an emulation of a classic keyboard. With an easier interface, macro controls for quick and powerful tweaking of sounds, stereo spread, and full integration with the Reason rack, it takes FM synthesis into the age of Reason.
In FM synthesis, or Frequency Modulation, sounds are generated by layering or modulating the frequency of sine wave oscillators, called operators. The 32 selectable algorithms decide how the operators are connected, and which modulates what.
The envelopes, one for each operator, are more advanced than those you typically see in synths, with a number of different breakpoints for extremely precise control over the modulation.
With the new macro controls you get tons of new tones out of a single patch — even without a full understanding of FM synthesis.
PX7 includes a great set of new patches and Combinators with sounds ranging from modern to futuristic. But perhaps best of all: the PX7 FM Synthesizer is patch-compatible with the classic it's based on—and faithfully reproduces its trademark tone. A ton of patches from the original is included with PX7. A free ReFill containing over 168 000 additional patches — said to be the complete collection of all sounds ever made for the DX series synths — is available as a free download, too.
If the 100 000+ included sounds aren't enough, our online patch converter takes Yamaha DX7 patches and converts them to PX7 format, giving you immediate access to all thinkable sounds available for the best-selling original.
PX7 FM Synthesizer. A six operator frequency modulation digital synthesizer for Reason.
- Six operator classic FM synthesis for the Reason rack.
- 32 selectable algorithms.
- Advanced envelope generator.
- Includes tons of classic and vintage presets, ranging from 80's bass to keys and brass.
- Free PX7 200k ReFill comes with 100 000+ sounds for PX7.
- Comes with a set of new, exclusive patches for modern music productions.
- PX7 does not require a full understanding of FM synthesis—the macro controls make tweaking sounds fast, easy and fun.
- Propellerhead's online patch converter lets you convert any Yamaha DX7 patch to PX7 format.
- CV control of operator levels lets you apply modulation from any device in the Reason rack.
- Combine two PX7 synths with the Combinator to easily create layered sounds that never was possible with the hardware it's based on.
New in version 1.1:
- More automatable parameters: pitch and pan for each operator and the global LFO.
- A set of new Combinator-based Dual patches with classic FM stereo sounds is included in the Exclusive/PX 7 Dual folder.
- PX7 200K Collection ReFill with over 168 000 sounds for PX7. The 200K Collection is said to be the complete set of all sounds ever made for the DX series synths.
- Bug fixes.
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Propellerhead Software. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during the development of PX7 FM Synthesizer.