|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Customized Per Customer|
Q796 is the first in a series of plug-ins modeled on classic hardware devices. It is a stereo device with stereo sidechain. Built for mastering but great on single instruments.
- Expander: includes a pump-up mode (compresses LOW levels, makes sound full).
- Feed-forward (the modern way) and feed-back (the vintage way) modes.
- Negative ratio.
- Continuous Peak-RMS set.
- Gain reduction limit (great for invisible squashing).
- Distortion (static and dynamic; starts over the threshold and increases with gain).
- Long time integration (an additional very slow time constant).
- Limiter: a very fast limiter.
The "analog" interface, modeled on the hardware, is integrated in a "digital" frame, for a better control. Three separate graphs show in realtime:
- Input waveform.
- Output waveform.
- Control signal (from Peak to RMS).
- Gain reduction.