|Developer||de la Mancha|
|Type / Tags|
QB3 is a vintage-style, 3-band EQ plug-in, with its own unique colouring and a few tricks up its sleeve. For each band you can adjust the centre frequency and gain. For the low and high shelving bands you can adjust the steepness of the slope, whilst for the mid peaking band you can adjust the bandwidth. This allows a range of sounds from steep, sharp cuts to smooth and gentle boosts.
But the "Queen Bee" is not a super clean and transparent plug-in. QB-3 features a pleasing combination of harmonics, saturation and low level noise to bring a subtle mojo to your sound. You also have the option to switch on a 40Hz cut to boost your low frequency headroom and a limiter to curb any peaks.
- Vintage-style, 3-band EQ.
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and low level noise.
- Full Stereo processing.
- Centre frequency adjustable for each band.
- Gain adjusts positively and negatively for each band.
- Low and High bands have adjustable slope, including negative 'resonant' like curve.
- Mid band has adjustable bandwidth for narrow to wide curves.
- Master gain control.
- Optional 40Hz cut for low frequency optimisation.
- Optional limiting on final output.
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values, with double-click reset to default value.
- 33 Presets covering many different configurations.
Reviewed By Ghostwave
November 18, 2010
I really appreciate the 40Hz cut, which helps make room for that kick drum and other low-end stuff and the possibility of typing values directly under the knobs.
Support is excellent and the documentation shows you in depth the process behind QB-3. The price tag, just like all DLM plugins, is extremely affordable.
The presets selection is good but just like presets on any EQ, they will have to be tweaked a little to achieve that sound you are looking for.
Finally, if you like that vintage sound, you could also check out the rest of the DLM vintage series (GTO/GTX compressors and ClipStar), which is just as stellar.Read more