|Type / Tags|
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1/Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit
VST2/VST3/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
VST2 32-bit/VST3 64-bit/AU 32-bit or 64-bit/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
|Copy Protection||Key File|
RealStrat is a sample-based virtual instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar techniques emulating on a standard MIDI keyboard.
RealStrat provides playability based on the unique performance modes and easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. RealStrat Covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on his Strat, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, slap, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, etc.
High quality dry samples recorded directly from Stratocaster pick-ups let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favourite amplifier simulator.
- Multi-channel layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar.
- Unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist's hand on the neck. This gives you the possibility of playing on up to 140 guitar frets using just 46 keys of a standard keyboard.
- Guitar Touch technology, letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc.), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch.
- Sound Humanize technology, allowing to wholly reduce 'machine gun' effect on note repetition (tremolo, strumming, plucking, etc.).
RealStrat is equipped with powerful Pattern Manager containing the complete MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to find the appropriate rhythm pattern[s] in the Pattern Manager tree view, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.
- Solo, Harmony, Chords, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick, Direct.
- Full length (recorded with full attack and sustain).
- Muted (fret hand mute).
- Bridge Mute (palm mute).
- Slap + Slap Noises.
- Harmonics (Artificial).
- Pinch Harmonics.
- Pick position select (15 points).
- Pick Noise (adjustable level).
- Fret Noise (auto).
- Release Noise (auto).
- Up/Down strokes.
- Hammer-On (up to octave range).
- Pull-Off (up to octave range).
- Hammer-On with Pull-Off on key release (up to octave range).
- Slide Legato Up/Down (up to octave range).
- Slide Auto Up/Down (up to 2-octave range, speed adjustable).
- Tremolo (up/down strokes, speed adjustable, tempo sync).
- Trill (up to octave range, speed adjustable, tempo sync).
- Bend auto (range, speed adjustable).
- Reverse Bend auto (range, speed adjustable).
- MonoBend (Unison Bend, lower string bend).
- Intervals (4th, 5th, Octave, 2 Octaves, Power Chords, etc.).
- Strums Up/Down.
- Muted Strums Up/Down.
- Slow Strums Up/Down.
- Chucka-Chucka (barre chords muted) Up/Down, various string combinations.
- Strum Speed adjustable.
- Strum layers (string groups) control.
- Number of strings used in strums adjustable.
- Violining (volume swell).
- Sustainer (sound swell).
- FeedBacker (harmonic feedback).
- Wah-Wah (MIDI CC control, Auto, Modulation).
Key Switches (Solo mode):
- 30 FX assignable on 33 Keys.
- Toggle/temporary switch modes.
- Custom Key Switch presets (save/load).
Chord detect/construct system:
- 1-4 note piano chords to 6-voice guitar chords real-time translation.
- 26 chord types recognition, including 7th, 9th and altered chords, played in any inversion and voicing.
- 4 chord positions along the fretboard.
- Slash Bass Chords option - allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass.
- About 2000 instant guitar chord shapes.
- Built-in multi-functional Pattern Manager letting you in no time create professionally sounding guitar accompaniment tracks.
- MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns covering a wide range of music styles).
- Pattern Tree view, allowing to find/select rhythm patterns right from RealStrat.
- Pattern view, graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern.
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer.
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature...
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track.
- Real time pattern arranging (dramatic changing pattern performance on the fly):
- Add/reduce dynamics (velo+).
- Randomize dynamics.
- Apply velocity of trigger chord to pattern dynamics.
- Continuous dynamics changes (+/- velocity assigned to Pitch Bender controller).
Reviewed By tommyzai
December 5, 2012
RealStrat v4 by MusicLab is an excellent Fender Stratocaster software emulation that is extremely playable and great sounding.
The purchase, download, install, and authorization process is simple. In no time, users will be up and running. There are no dongles, just a simple license file. Another cool thing new users will quickly notice is the size of the package. The application itself is only 45MB and is linked to a sample library of a mere 915MB. I get amazing quality audio without filling my hard drive with a zillion levels of questionable samples. I believe MusicLab incorporates a combination of samples and algorithms to accomplish this dead-on emulation. Regardless of what's under the hood, RealStrat has exactly what is needed and sounds great.
The interface is clean, modern, and inviting. The learning curve is moderate. It should only take a couple hours to learn where everything is and how it works, but after that. .. you'll be jamming away.
When I first launched RealStrat, I smiled and thought to myself,"MusicLab has done it again!" Just like RealGuitar, this electric version has excellent performance modes. I turned up the volume on Solo Mode and played a cool little lick for my guitarist, who had his back turned at the time. He quickly spun around and was in shock for two reasons: 1. I'm a terrible guitarist, and what I played sounded great. 2. I was using a plugin. I had to prove to him I wasn't playing a loop sample. I'm grateful to no longer have to spend weeks learning key-switches. For me, this software is fun right out of the box. I just launch and let my muse carry me away.
Just like the "real" Strat, this virtual version is capable of a wide variety of tones, ranging from clean funk to crisp surf to aggressive speed metal arpeggios to down-n-dirty blues licks. In addition, users have access to all the nuances that make a guitar performance sound authentic — mutes, harmonics, scrapes, slaps, fret noise, pick noise, volume swells, feedback, wah-wah, hammers, slides, legato, etc. All of these little features help to recreate spontaneity and a human feel. It's very playable and allows users to quickly create chord progressions, record lead and rhythm tracks, and even final tracks (with a little extra effort in adding nuances).
WHY A STRAT
Even though many players use a Stratocaster, whether it be real or virtual, they can sound totally different from one another. David Gilmour chose it as his main instrument because it was the guitar which,"allowed the player to express his or her personality the best." It's perfect for sounding exactly like another player, or like no other player.
OVERALL FEATURES I DIG
• Attractive GUI
• Fast loading
• Excellent workflow
• Stand-alone and plugin
• Randomize dynamics
• Drag-n-Drop patterns
• CPU efficient
• Extremely stable
• Small footprint
• Responsive developer — usually answers my Q's within a day
• Good value.
NEW V4 FEATURES I ESPECIALLY DIG
• The new Song Mode is much better for composing. It's easy to insert chord changes into the Song Track via the Smart Chord Selector. Patterns can also be inserted on the fly.
• The Advanced Humanize Engine helps to add more realism to the performance with a simple mouse click. Randomization options include sound, timing, velocity, and pitch.
• Another convenient new feature is the ability to export a MIDI file from the Song Mode, which, like patterns, can then be dragged and dropped into a DAW or MIDI editor. I believe the tracks are exported as Standard MIDI, making it universally accepted by other apps and instruments.
RealStrat continues to be the best sample-based Stratocaster emulation on the market. And, the best just got better with the release of version four, which is a robust upgrade containing several new features and improvements. I highly recommend this audio software to anyone creating music digitally, who wants or needs a virtual Strat for jamming, composing, or recording. The sound is all there! Words that come to mind are: VERSATILE! FLEXIBLE! AUTHENTIC! This is almost as good as the real thing! For nearly 60-years, the Fender Strat has represented the ultimate in electric guitar versatility, and RealStrat helps to carry that tradition in software form. When you don't have much money, you need to make sure every penny is spent wisely. This is a great value — lots of bang for the buck. I've paid more for confusing sample libraries and hiring the wrong "guitarists." All in all, this virtual guitar is fantastic. Will RealStrat replace a virtuoso guitarist? Probably not! But, it could possibly replace you and me. LOL. I highly recommend this fine audio software to any eMusician, producer, etc., who wants to write, produce, and record sensational electric guitar parts that have a classic Fender flavor, whether it be rhythms, leads, or FX. Thank you MusicLab! Great stuff.