The Rad Envelope Follower
REF is a Max For Live envelope follower with advanced features. It allows you to modulate anything you want in Ableton Live: other devices, the user interface, and third party plug-ins, using sound as source.
You can shape the incoming audio source with the low/high pass filter, listening the source in peak or rms modes, then design the envelope exactly how you need it, using tools as relative/absolute modes, linear/logarithmic modulation, and positive/negative directions. You can even work on your envelopes with standard EG parameters as attack, hold, release, and a global delay time.
REF uses a big display to give you an accurate visual feedback: it will help you to check the incoming audio signal, set the threshold level, and view the real envelope generated, which will control the chosen target parameter.
REF is a great tool for any kind of modulation: kick/bass side-chain combinations, driving filters, and experimental uses asking for controlling parameters from an audio source.
Developed on the Max 6 engine, taking advantage of gen~, REF supports both 32 and 64-bit mode.
No external objects are used in REF.
- Filter your source - use lo/hi-pass filter to listen to the signal frequencies you need.
- Envelope Design Tools - peak or rms following mode. Create linear or logarithmic envelopes, with relative or absolute ranges.
- Threshold - filter signal amplitude to create only the envelopes you need.
- Envelope Time Functions - Delay/Attack/Hold/Release will help you to create amazing control signals.
- Gen~ Powered - the best performance possible.
- Select your target - modulate any parameter in your Live set with just a click.
REF is free until May 31st, 2013, then €3.99.
Get REF here