Lab:One Recordings is proud to bring to you a studio classic to the Rack - the ReQualizer model ReQ·131 - a 31 ISO band graphic equalizer, which is transparent in sound yet powerful where it should be.
The ReQ·131 makes equalization a breeze - adding tonal character to your own sound, be it solo instruments, vocals, drums or your whole mix.
Modeled on classic 31 band graphic equalizers, you get the same controls you would expect from hardware counterparts; 31 fader controls set at 1/3rd octave with changeable dB control, plus 12dB per octave Low Pass (2kHz to 20kHz) and High Pass (20hz to 400hz) filters, and the essential Gain control (with +/-30dB range), to reign in or let loose your sculpted audio.
This type of equalizer is aimed at all producers and artists who want the extra tools to shape and tweak their latest tracks in the same way that an engineer would with true real-world rack units. This equalizer is designed to compliment all of your audio, and to give it that pro-studio sound.
The ReQ·131 allows you to create custom EQ curves, giving you additional control over every aspect of your latest production. With the addition of preset saving and loading, what better way to keep and recall your ideal presets time and time again.
Version 1.2 now includes the following additions:
- CV inputs: for each band independently, with respective Uni-polar/Bi-polar buttons and invert CV signal buttons, trim controls for each band and a master CV scale trim to control all band CV trims as a group.
- SIGNAL PATH & DB MODES: 3 signal path options with 5 dB range settings: to allow the sound engineer / designer to utilize STEREO signal processing, MID-only signal processing or SIDE-only signal processing independently (joined channel controls) with the option to set the dB scaling for the EQ faders; available settings are 3dB, 6db, 12dB, 18dB, & 24dB. All are allocated in the new dropdown listing (viewable and editable in full expanded view or folded rack view). Scale Labels auto-update on the fly, in relation to your specific choice of dB mode.
- HEAR EQ ONLY mode: This allows you to hear what your equalisation settings has added or removed from your audio signal - handy for finding those tricky sounds, or can be used for creative purposes.
- BYPASS Low Pass and High Pass filters: Simple On/Off modes to give the user even more choice between using the filters or have audio feed straight into the equalizer bands.
- DRY / WET KNOB: the addition of this is simple - mixing the original input signal with the EQ'd output, to have even more control available.
- Re-routes the LP / HP filters in MID and SIDE mode so they affect those specific modes only. Previous version routed LP / HP filters as global filters.
- DRY/WET knob: improved knob adjustment, using MIDI CC mapping range (0 - 127) opposed to percentage.
Watch out for the videos coming soon which show the 3 signal path modes (Stereo / MID / SIDE signal processing), HEAR EQ mode (for a more in-depth explanation) and the CV inputs & controls in use.
The manual is available at http://www.lab-one-recordings.co.uk/ReQ131Manual.pdf