No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
NOTE: The VST version works in Cubase VST 5.x ONLY, the MFX version works in SONAR and other MFX supporting applications.
- Quickly and easily create professional sounding guitar accompaniment MIDI tracks.
- Create sophisticated harmonic progressions by performing simple actions, not being a guru in chord voicing.
- Use rhythm patterns from Guitar Rhythm Pattern Library, which has been created having in mind various rhythm phrases ever played by the World's most acclaimed guitar players and bands, in your guitar tracks.
- Quickly create guitar accompaniment parts letting you capture your musical ideas on the fly.
- Easily fit guitar parts into your arrangements and make them more expressive and colourful.
- Train your rhythmic feel and better understand the nature of guitar accompaniment parts in various styles and arrangements.
- Quickly learn the sounding of various chords and main principles of chord construction and voices leading.
- Explore any guitar accompaniment styles using as examples our Style demo songs created by professional musicians.
Reviewed By nirsul
March 5, 2002
TODAY, enter 1 minute of boredom,1 minute of curiosity - wow !, this minute cost me 69 U$ !
It is not a synth so no presetes and no sound but what I like the most (after 2 hours of using it):
1. It really makes for a guitar accomp, great patterns.
2. I am sure everybody knows this situation: you improvise a group of chords into your sequencer and then try to record the bass track by memory - I am sure you all know that after the 1st 4 chords you forgot what came next. But with this VST you have a visual chord notepad so recording a the next track is a s easy as lloking at the screen - this only makes this worth buying!
3. It actually helps me compose - I am no longer limited by my (relatively) basic set of (always used) chords..
4. Easy to use GUI.
1.too few variations of patterns - forces you to purchase additional packages. (not today , sorry !)
2. This version is NOT the same as Cakewalk's and only in next version woll it have programmable patterns and more features.
If you do not play a guitar and do not have musical theory education and have a bad memory for chords - BUY IT !!!
The standard libraries are basic but OK, a good starting point. Pretty soon you will find yourself wanting to buy additional libraries of rhythm patterns - these cost US$19 each and take RnC's variety even further. The creators are also generous - they will give you free libraries for constructive feedback.
It's not an "instrument" as such. You can actually audition patterns with any VSTi with RnC. When you have what you want, you save as MIDI and bingo, you have your rhythm guitars/keyboards. There are some good picking patterns to go with the strummed patterns.
I also liked the way they let you define the chord on any given beat. Any chord is possible. You can even add/subtract individual notes within the chord at any given point in the song. RnC is VERY flexible.
Overall very impressed. At US$99, this is good value for money. The program was originally dseveloped for Cakewalk/SONAR, so is not new and buggy. I use it with Cubase without any hassles. It doesn't appear to be a huge CPU hog, but will send it up a notch.
PS: I don't work for the company, just a satisfied customer.Read more