In 1973, Roland created the Space Echo system. Utilizing multiple play heads to create warm, highly adjustable echo effects, the Roland RE-201 Space Echo can simultaneously add wonderful tape character and/or chaos to performances and recordings. The Space Echo can be heard on numerous recordings, from 70's space rock like Pink Floyd and David Bowie, countless Reggae and Dub albums, to more recent bands like Portishead and Radiohead.
Universal Audio was entrusted by Roland to re-create the highly beloved RE-201 unit, considered the favorite of the Space Echo line. Universal Audio spent over a year developing the Roland RE-201 Space Echo to replicate the physical behavior of this famous device "warts and all". The complex, self-oscillation was accurately captured and makes the Roland RE-201 Space Echo more than an effect, but a unique instrument unto itself.
- Meticulous model of original Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
- Tape echo modeling, complete with saturation, wow & flutter, and splice.
- Tape oscillation effects and spring reverb emulation.
- Original features like Mode Selector, Intensity and 'Dub' switch.
- 'Digital only' features like tempo sync, effects pan, and tape select.
- Tape loops modeled from original Roland tape loops.
- User selectable tape loops from 'New' to 'Distressed'.
- Spring modeled from the commonly updated 'Accutronics' tank.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).