Welcome to Shreddage II: Absolute Electric Guitar. This library builds on the innovations made with the original Shreddage, but has been recorded, edited, scripted and programmed from the ground up with entirely new samples. We looked at the problems with current 'advanced' guitar libraries, such as over-reliance on keyswitches for basic articulations, bloated memory usage, lack of realism for rapid passages/chugs, high cost, and weak tone unfitting of heavy genres like rock and metal.
Among the host of new features and powerful scripting within Shreddage 2, the most important difference is that the library is no longer limited to rhythm playing! We sampled every fret on every string of a 7-string guitar, including the full range of articulations and even deeper sampling than in the original library. This allows for stunningly realistic LEAD playing as well as rhythm, which of course S2 excels at as well.
- Deep-sampling from drop G to all the way up the neck on every string.
- Up to 8x round robins per articulation, per note, including up/down strokes.
- Single notes and powerchords.
- Sustains and aggressive sustains.
- Up to FIVE LAYERS of palm mutes.
- Tremolo picking and pinch squeals.
- True hammer-on and pull-off recordings & scripting.
- True portamento slides up to and down from TWO OCTAVES per note.
- THREE unique vibrato types (light fingered, heavy fingered, whammy bar).
- Non-muted staccato notes.
- Unpitched and pitched release noises.
- Fret squeaks and extra pre-attack pick noise.
Despite this incredible depth and breadth of articulations (7,000+ samples), the library only takes up 4.5GB of disk space, translating to about ~500MB of RAM usage - and that's before NCW compression! But we're just getting started. Check out the incredible things we did with S2's scripting.
Library / Script Features
- Fretboard monitor.
- ALL articulations accessible without keyswitches.
- True double-tracking.
- Easily customize articulations and velocity mapping.
- Quick velocity input scaling.
- Built-in preset system with one-click save/recall.
- Intelligent string selection w/ virtual hand/fret position.
- Forced string selection and string realism controls.
- Customizable hammer-on and portamento settings.
- Forced stroke direction controls (down only, up only, alt picking).
- Noise volume mixer.
- Release and tightness envelope controls.
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes.
- Screamer pedal, 'bite EQ', and compressor with sweet-spot settings.
- ... and more.