|Type / Tags|
Sinnah is a freeware VA synth plugin (*and a project) but instead of the standard subtractive resonant filter it uses a resonant delay network.
- Sinnah is a synth based on a single complex oscillator that includes five waveshapes with increasing spectral complexity, harmonics level for all waveshapes, noise level, and a delay matrix.
- The delay matrix can have various configurations, from a "triple chorus" per voice to highly randomized resonators, or tuned relatively to the note played.
- The delay matrix can also do multiple slapback echoes.
- The feedback control of the matrix can go from zero to extremely saturated and it's modulated by its own envelope.
- The output of each voice is stereo via the delay matrix, which features a stereo spread knob.
- The main analogue modelled ADSR envelope is loopable: two, three or continuous repeats.
- The envelope can modulate the waveshape selection and the harmonics level.
- The synth also features a subtractive stereo filter to carve the spectrum of the sound, somehow like an equalizer, with three filters: high pass, low pass and band reject (notch). The band reject filter also features gain and bandwidth controls.
- A useful simple reverb is included.
- The oscillator is antialiased and can play eight voices or mono, and features octave and fine pitch controls.
- The GUI is fully drawn by vectors and resizeable, featuring an oscilloscope and peak meters. And eight colour schemes are available to fit your mood and taste.
- An extended ToolTip display provides information for each control at mouseover. So you don't need to read a lengthy manual to learn what a knob or a slider is for.
- The preset system is cross-platform, the files use the YAML format so they are very easy to read and edit if needed. Moreover, the preset names can support the complete international character set.
See the project plan for Sinnah at http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Sinnah_VA_synth.html
What's new in Sinnah 1.1?
- New feature: GUI has been improved, especially for Mac compatibility.
- New feature: Noise and Harmonics controls can be linked, and act like a single parameter.
- New feature: LFO with several selectable targets, 9 waveshapes and delay (fade in).
- New feature: MIDI controls: ModWheel and Aftertouch with several selectable targets.
- New feature: Sustain pedal sensitivity.
- New feature: Pitchbend range adjustable up to 48 semitones, -24 to +24.
- New feature: Keytracking assignable to Harmonics and ADSR envelope level.
- New feature: Reduced CPU load, DSP optimization.
- New feature: "Inits" category with various initialize presets.
- New feature: More detailed HTML manual.
- New feature: Unlimited custom colour schemes using theme files.
- New feature: 152 presets now included.
- Fixed the click that happened playing in Mono legato over a previously released note.
- Fixed ADSR repeat 2 and 3 that weren't working.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the box slider GUI controls.