|Type / Tags|
Created in close collaboration with Doepfer, Softube Modular gives you both the sound, flexibility and expandability of a true analog modular synthesizer. But Softube Modular is more than just another virtual synthesizer plug-in—it's an entirely new modular synth standard.
As a Modular owner, the basic system gives you a great toolkit to start out with. It includes six modeled Doepfer modules and over 20 utility modules. But there is much more to discover. Additional modules from quality Eurorack vendors—starting with a range of units from cutting-edge manufacturer Intellijel—are available for separate purchase. More modules will continuously be made available. Owners of Softube's drum synth Heartbeat can add its instrument and EQ modules to Modular and combine them with any other modules. Softube's award-winning engineering team have modeled each analog module, component by component, and the resulting plug-ins are sonically indistinguishable from their hardware counterparts.
Experienced Eurorack synth users will be right at home from the start. Modular's workflow is very close to the use of physical Eurorack modular synths. Add modules, connect them using virtual patch cords, adjust their knobs and switches to your heart's desire. Get MIDI connectivity with the MIDI To CV/Gate Converter and add any of the included step sequencers—unless you prefer using your DAW's built-in sequencer, of course.
To beginners, a modular synthesizer can be daunting at first. But Modular offers a wide range of expertly designed presets, immediately available to be put to use in your music. When you are ready to learn more about patching a Eurorack synth, the manual offers step by step patching tutorials that go hand in hand with the included tutorial presets.
Both experts and beginners will enjoy the included Performance modules. These give the user a limited set of knobs and buttons that can be freely assigned to control any parameter on any module in the current patch—making creative tweaking on the fly super easy and accessible for inspired studio production and live performances.
- Modular is a cross-platform modular synthesizer plug-in standard, which features authorized emulations of modules from well known hardware Eurorack brands.
- True dynamic circuit-emulation—looks, functions and sounds like its hardware counterparts.
- Basic system contains six Doepfer modules (A-110-1 VCO, A-108 VCF, A-132-3 Dual VCA, A-140 ADSR, A-118 Noise/Random, A-147 VCLFO).
- Basic system also contains over 20 Utility modules (such as MIDI to CV/gate, mixers, slew, sample & hold, switches, multiples, delay, offset, sequencers, clock dividers, logic and signal tools, as well as a Polyphonic MIDI to CV/gate module).
- Additional authorized emulations from Intellijel is available as add-ons (uFold II, Korgasmatron II, Rubicon). Many more modules from other quality hardware Eurorack vendors to be released.
- Simple design of your own interaction layout with the Performance modules in classic synthesizer style.
- Softube Heartbeat drum channels and EQ can be used as separate modules for owners of Heartbeat.
- More than 200 quality presets included covering a huge range of styles and sounds.
- Can be used both as effect and instrument for your DAW and integrates beautifully with your hardware Eurorack modular.
- High internal sample rate within system enables true feedback.
Reviewed By hivkorn
March 11, 2017
- Plugin very stable under OS X 10.12.3 / Cubase Pro 9 / Bitwig 2.
- The size of the GUI is scalable : small / medium / large.
- Simple to understand.
- If you don't know 'modular' synth you can learn with it.
- I love to have existing module : you can find hardware patch by using google ;).
- Time to talk about the most important thing : the sound
Softube modular come with Doepfer module, they just sound very very good,
i can feel the same excitation i had when i use my hardware synth.
The doepfer modules are very good but the Intellijel are INSANE,
they are propably the best analog emulation of all the 'emulation' plugins ATM.
- If you already have HeartBeat, so you will have every HB modules available in modular.
- I love the differents sequencers available : 1 especially for drums, with the other
you can output CV / Gate.
- You can chain sequencer in order to have more than 16 step.
- If you 're a beginner, modular come with a lot of explained patch.
- Softube post every week on the facebook page a : ' Tips of the week ' for modular.
- The price !
You have a fully functional modular synth for 99 $ (basic package : every doepfer module).
- CPU usage !
Suicide for your CPU.
Don't expect to run it with an old configuration.
- We want more modules .
- ......nothing else.......
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Softube have a great support for customers.
- Modular use Ilok (at least ilok V2).
- Softube provide legacy installers, but now you have to use gobbler.
- If you're stuck with something, ask them via facebook, they always reply when something is wrong.
Softube Modular is the best 'analog modular synth' emulation to this day.Read more