|Product||Solo Strings II|
|Developer||Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL)|
|Price (MSRP)||€235 (Std. Library) / €155 (Ext. Library)|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (USB-eLicenser)|
Solo Strings II offers 46 GB of all-new articulations of the four solo string instruments. Solo Strings II contains many of the playing techniques that the first collection includes, but played "con sordino" (with mutes). It includes articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances such as legato, portamento, and trills. Furthermore, additional Legato Performances with very long notes have been recorded for use in slower parts. Thus, every single pitch and velocity is available in 24 variations.
Like all Vienna Instruments collections, Solo Strings II is a sample-based virtual instrument that ships in the formats VST (OS X, Win XP/Vista), RTAS (OS X) as well as AU (OS X) and also works stand-alone. Registered users are eligible to download the free mixing and host software Vienna Ensemble.
- Four solo instruments: Violin, viola, cello, double bass.
- Over 43,100 samples and over 46 GB of sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit (19.3 GB download size).
- "Con sordino" (muted) recordings only.
- Standard Library includes basic articulations such as staccato, détaché, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills, legato & portamento performances.
- Extended Library includes additional articulations such as crescendo/diminuendo with and without vibrato, sul tasto, sul ponticello, artificial harmonics, marcato, spiccato, harsh performances, zigane (gipsy) portamentos, and many others.
- Formats: AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS (plug-in and stand-alone).