Sonnox Restore is a collection of three plug-ins: Oxford DeBuzzer, Oxford DeClicker and Oxford DeNoiser, designed to accurately restore impaired audio recordings.
Developed over an exhaustive 18-month R&D program, Sonnox says that the Sonnox Restore suite represents "a quantum leap beyond previous restoration plug-in technology". Its advanced algorithms allow fast and effective removal of pops, clicks, crackles, scratches, hum, buzzes and extraneous background noise from virtually any recording. All three plug-ins provide detailed graphical feedback, and include novel features new to the restoration field, such as a specialized dialogue mode in the DeClicker.
- Separate DePop, DeClick and DeCrackle sections.
- Each section has event detection indicator and activity density meter.
- Advanced algorithms for accurate detection and high quality repair.
- Intuitive display gives visual feedback of energy and duration of events.
- Exclude box to select events that should not be repaired.
- Excitation displays to aid accurate setting of threshold controls.
- Three audition modes including the option to listen to the detected events.
- Dialogue Mode with two separate control sets for speech and background.
- High performance hum and buzz removal.
- Scalable high resolution FFT shows strongest harmonics and removal filter.
- Very accurate setting of fundamental over 3 frequency ranges.
- Integrating frequency display shows strength of fundamental.
- Tracking mode can be set to Automatic to follow fundamentals that wander in frequency, or Freeze for fundamentals that vary in amplitude.
- Choice of removal filters: Comb for narrow removal over many harmonics, or Parametric EQ for more musical removal over a small set of harmonics.
- Two audition modes, including the option to listen to the removed buzz.
- High quality noise removal using advanced algorithms.
- Separate DeHiss, Detect and Remove sections for intuitive workflow.
- High resolution FFT of input signal showing noise profile.
- Efficient DeHisser for preparation before wide-band noise reduction.
- Detector noise profile can be set to automatic, freeze or manual.
- Noise profile is controllable, including adjustable bias curve.
- Two audition modes, including the option to listen to the removed noise.
- Warmth control for sweetening after noise removal.