Sound Rider is a 3D visualizer that gives you the ability to navigate a 3D representation of a sound signal in your DAW. As well as the traditional horizontal frequency scale and vertical decibel scale the 3D aspect provides a time axis into the screen.
Sound Rider was written for entry into the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Sound Rider Main Features:
- High resolution 3D Visualizer.
- Navigation of the waveform with control of position and orientation in 3D.
- Written from scratch in C++ for 64 bit and 32 bit windows.
- User views can be stored.
- Averaging and peak display.
- User peak values can be stored.
- Position and orientation can be automated.
- Includes a 2D view with statistical output.
- 3 Rendering modes: Solid, Wireframe and Points.
- Axis that can be moved in the Z plane for clear measurements.
- Peak and RMS meter.
- Settings can be altered to change key controls, smoothing, frame rate, ballistics etc.
- Interpolation - the faster your machine the smoother the ride.