No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
soundBlade is a general purpose production tool, designed to record, edit, process, restore and deliver audio on CD, DDP or as AIFF, WAV or BWF files for further processing. Particularly well suited to handle the difficult tasks of mastering, soundBlade is available in two versions:
- soundBlade native is a host–based version that employs your Core Audio interface for I/O functions and bypasses Core Audio for the processing steps that count.
- soundBlade accelerated takes the mandate for highest fidelity one step further by leveraging Sonic Studio's Series 300 DSP I/O Processors to not only yield "wire with gain" performance for I/O but also provide a direct connection to the hardware's plentiful DSP for ultra–low latency and highest fidelity during processing.
- Records 4 channel digital audio to 192k.
- Real Time Multimode Editing.
- Real Time Multimode Gain Adjustment.
- Real Time Bounce/External Processing.
- Real Time Host DSP: AU & VST.
- 10x DDP and CD-R Delivery.
- 10x Freeze/Render to Disk.
- Complete Premastering.
- Background SRC.
- Vive Restoration Suite Included.
- Proprietary Shaped TPDF Redithering.
- Multimode Waveform/Text View.
- Core Audio I/O, including Pro Tools.
- Optional DSP I/O Processors.
- Optional Extended Precision Sonic EQ.
- Optional NoNOISE II.
- Optional reNOVAtor.
Audio Input/Output features:
- Opens 24-bit: AIFF, WAV, BWF, DDP, Jam & SD2.
- File sample rate limited only by hardware.
- Background creation of waveform metadata.
- Stereo bounce plus record from external Core Audio sources.
- Legacy import of region definitions from SD2 files.
- Records to AIFF, WAV plus BWF formats.
- Sample rate conversion out of real time.
Audio editing features:
- Fast, easy editing with Smart Fade Tool.
- Versatile 4 point, Source/Destination editing.
- In–depth fade editing & adjustment.
- "Unmatched" waveform visualization.
- Always non–destructive.
- Always real–time, no rendering.
- Fast segment–based editing.
- Instant segment–based gain adjustment.
- Reverse sounds in place.
- Simple breakpoint gain adjustment.
- SRPs mark your material for later spotting or referral.
Compact Disc preparation & premastering features:
- Complete PQ editing, including: UPC/EAN & ISR Codes, Emphasis & SCMS flags, Offset & minimum index width.
- Includes CD Text support (requires 10.4.3 or newer).
- Automatic PQ generation.
- Advanced, adjustable PQ generation.
- Real time PQ validation.
- Saves to DDP (Disc Description Protocol) v2.0 format.
- Background creation of CD-Rs & Roxio's Jam image file format.
- Convenient Mark Info navigation pop–up.
- Supports lowest jitter 1x creation of CD-Rs.
- Produces industry standard Sonic Studio PQ log files.
- Writes formatted track listings.
- Creates detailed PQ listings.
Signal processing & modification features:
- Transparent, extended precision processing.
- Support for a full suite of restoration tools.
- VST & AU plug–in support.
- Proprietary shaped triangular PDF redithering.
- Integrated hardware DSP processing.
- Includes Sonic Studio's time varying plug–in support.
- Essential Transport Controls.
- Comprehensive Transport Controls.
- Configurable, standards–based metering.
- Clean, easy to navigate user interface.
- Mac OS 10-native application for 10.4.3 or newer.
- Core Audio support – no additional hardware required.
- Series 300 hardware support.
- DDP Loadback: Opens, modifies, validates & rewrites both consolidated and split DDP file sets.
- reNOVAtor: reNOVAtor for soundBlade.
- NoNOISE II:
- Accelerated, requires Series 300: Production DeClick (includes Manual DeClick), Complex Filter, DeCrackle, DeNoise.
- Native: Manual DeClick, DeCrackle native, Broadband DeNoise native.
- Sonic EQ native: Provides both general purpose and specialized filter types, all running in soundBlade's extended precision signal path. The 12 distinct topologies include five knob, multi–order parametric, high & low pass, bandpass, bandstop along with multi–order high and low shelf. Specialized equalization for restoration work, such a AES/EBU and RIAA de–emphasis, are also provided.