|Product||SPL Vitalizer MK2-T|
|Developer||Universal Audio / SPL|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||UAD Hardware Specific|
SPL Vitalizer MK2-T is an emulation of the popular tube-based Vitalizer hardware unit, a long-time staple of top mixing and post-production engineers. Offering a patented technology for greater perceived loudness and clarity without unnatural artifacts, the Vitalizer provides independent Bass and Mid-Hi processing that works in both the time and frequency domains to effectively unmask overlapping sounds. As both a fixative and an enhancement tool, the Vitalizer MK2-T is a mixing must-have.
- Drive adjusts the input level to the plug-in from –20 dB to +6 dB.
- Bass offers emphasis of two different colors of the low end, variable from "Soft" to "Tight".
- Compression lowers the threshold and increases the ratio of the soft-knee compressor, variable from 0 (Off) to 20 (Max).
- Mid-Hi Tune adjusts the primary filter cut-off frequency, variable from 22 kHz to 1.1 kHz.
- Process adjusts the intensity of the effect generated by the Bass and Mid-Hi Tune filters, variable from 0 (Off) to 20 (Max).
- LC-EQ adjusts the cut-off frequency of the LC-EQ filter, variable from 2 kHz to 20 kHz.
- Intensity adjusts the amount of the LC-EQ effect mixed with the original signal, variable from 0 (Off) to 20 (Max).
- Stereo Expander adjusts the intensity of the stereo expansion effect, variable from 0 (Off) to 20 (Max).
- Output adjusts the output level of the final combined dry signal and effect, variable from –20 dB to +6 dB.
- A/B/C/D Setting buttons store and recall four independent control settings.
- Active switch bypasses entire SPL Vitalizer circuit for comparison to original unprocessed signal.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).