|Type / Tags|
The Memory Rhythm SR88 is a recreation of the 1980s Sound Master Memory Rhythm SR88 drum machine. All the kit pieces through the entire travel of the hardware unit's Tone control have been sampled, which allows the user to dial in precisely the tonal adjustments that would have been possible on the original machine -- but on a per-kit-piece basis, which was certainly NOT possible on the original machine.
Furthermore, three "hidden" sounds that the hardware unit was only able to produce in programming mode have also been sampled, allowing access to longer versions of the snare, hat and crash cymbal sounds. These "new" sounds have been given full attack and decay envelope adjustment, allowing the user to create brushed cymbal effects, long snare drum decay tails, and so on.
- All the sounds of the original SR88 captured through the full travel of the Tone control.
- Kit pieces individually adjustable for level, pan and Tune.
- New "hidden" kit pieces also adjustable for attack and decay.
- Velocity Retrofit button allows incoming velocity to control the Tone function instead of the front panel pot (for humanized beats).
- Bitcrusher, Tape saturation, Distortion and Compression / Limiting on the outputs.
Price: £4.95. Requires Kontakt versions 4.2.3 and later.