|Type / Tags|
Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
StompBox Lite turns your iPad into a flexible Multi FX Processor which comes with 3 free effects; Delay, Reverb, Chorus and a further 16 Effects to choose from in the Online store.
StompBox Lite supports AudioBus and Apple's Inter-App Audio making an excellent general purpose audio processing tool for all musicians, not just guitarists.
With StompBox you get the best of both worlds, a rack of professional sounding stereo effects (with far more control than simple foot pedals) and a foot controller to access a tuner and all your patches.
Simply listen through a pair of headphones, or attach to an external amplifier or hifi to truly experience the program in all its glory.
Once you have built up a library of patches, you can use the virtual foot controller to quickly and easily move between patches. The Virtual Foot controller gives instant access to all patch parameters and amp settings, with the ability to enable and disable individual effects at the touch of a button. If you want to modify an effect parameter, simply scroll the effect rack into view and make your changes.
In-App options include:
- Media Player - Load your favorite MP3s and play along, you can even slow down the music without effecting pitch so you can play along at your own pace.
- 4 Track Recorder - Record your own backing track.
- Loop Station - Record your own loops.
- Guitar and Bass Multi FX Processor.
- 16 Unique Effects available in In-App Store.
- 7 Types of Distortion via Distortion In-App.
- Chain up to 12 Simultaneous Effects.
- Media Player with Time Stretching (In-App Purchase).
- 4 Track Loop Recorder (In-App Purchase).
- Metronome/Chromatic Tuner.
- Stereo Routing.
- Save 12 banks of 6 patches.
- Virtual Foot Controller.
- Virtual Whammy Pedal.
- Tap Tempo.
- Compatible with range of hardware interfaces.
- 3 Unique Skins.
Many guitar apps use a form of Amp Modelling which in most cases is just fancy form of EQ. This is great for electric guitars, but not so good for acoustic. StompBox allows various amp EQs both via the PreAmp and additional effects, but the important thing for acoustic guitar users is that these EQs can be completely bypassed. This is where StompBox really shines, giving a faithful reproduction of acoustic instruments. This also means StompBox can be used on keyboards too.