The Studio Units plug-in collection is a new framework for bespoke MIDI and audio processor design:
- Effortlessly combines instruments and effects in new ways.
- Seamlessly integrates with plug-ins from other manufacturers.
- Converts between plug-in parameters, MIDI controllers and audio signals.
- Free library of essential audio engineering tools and bizarre inventions.
There are 33 SU plug-ins, which are building blocks that can be used to create more sophisticated sound processors. The SU library combines these plug-ins in the following effect patches, available without the purchase of a licence:
- Analog Equalizer provides a ten-octave equalizer modeled on analog electronic circuits.
- Delay Equalizer is a feedback delay that offers panning, rectification, ping pong and filtering options.
- Low-pass Filter is a filter with a smoothly variable cutoff frequency.
- Low-pass Follower modulates filter cutoff frequency based on the envelope of the input signal.
- Mastering Equalizer exhibits linear phase characteristics and extreme levels of inter-band separation.
- Mastering Limiter provides a way of increasing perceived output levels in a neutral-sounding way.
- Multiband Compressor applies vacuum-tube compression to the individual octaves of a signal.
- Tape Compressor emulates the compression characteristics of analog tape recorders.
- Transient Controller allows independent control over attack, decay and sustain components of audio signals.
- Tube Follower modulates vacuum-tube saturation based on the input signal's envelope.
- Tube Vocoder combines its left and right inputs as carrier and modulator, also utilizing vacuum-tube emulation.