|Product||Sundog Song Studio|
|Price (MSRP)||$65 / 55 €|
|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
Screen size should be 1200 x 780 or above. Windows Vista, 7, and 8 are supported.
Screen size should be 1200 x 780 or above. macOS 10.7 and up are supported, 64-bit processor required
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Sundog Song Studio by FeelYourSound is a composition tool for electronic musicians that want to create great songs faster. The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic songs from scratch without having to worry too much about music theory.
Four basic steps are needed to get started:
- Connect Sundog to your DAW (or use the built-in preview synth).
- Choose a scale and a basenote. C Major for example sounds quite happy, E Natural Minor rather sad.
- Find chord progressions by clicking chord buttons with your mouse.
- Trigger rhythmic note patterns with your mouse, computer keyboard, or MIDI keyboard. All notes will harmoniously match your chosen chords and/or the scale.
These four steps make it easy to create interesting songs within minutes. Over 300 scales are available out of the box to experiment with new moods and harmonies easily.
- Find all fitting triads and four note chords for a given scale.
- Create own chord collections and trigger them with one finger.
- Export standard MIDI files - also via drag and drop.
- Work with different song parts to test progressions, bridges, and variations.
Over 500 chord progressions + progression search engine included.
Built-in Scale Finder: Enter some notes that you already know and let Sundog search scales for you.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes and chords.
- Over 300 scales and 200+ patterns available out of the box.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- Draw melodies with your mouse or use the built-in step sequencer.
- Experiment with new scales and basenotes.
- Cure writer's block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Runs on Windows 7 and up, Mac OS X 10.7 (64-bit) and up.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
The video will show you the basic concepts and demonstrates how you can write a complete verse within seven minutes.
And here you can see a complete guide to the chords features. Including own chord collections, triggering chords with one finger, inversions, voicings, and more.