|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Sylenth1 is a polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer.
It has four unison oscillators which use an "innovate" synthesis technique that allows the generation of many simultaneous high-quality waveforms in realtime, using only minimal amounts of CPU resources. It also features two "analog sounding" filter sections, which can be taken way past the point of self-oscillation. These filters incorporate several non-linear saturation stages to produce harmonically rich sounds. Sylenth1's extensive modulation options offer possibilities to sculpture the sound, and it has a set of six built-in mastering sound-effects.
- 4 band-limited unison oscillators in full stereo, each of which can generate 8 voices per note. This allows a total of 32 simultaneous voices for every note played, producing rich and complex sounds.
- 2 "analog-sounding" 4-stage stereo filters per note. Each filter contains 5 independent non-linear saturation functions. The filters support selectable low-pass, band-pass and high-pass modes with 12dB or 24dB attenuation.
- 16 Notes of polyphony, which adds up to a total of 512 simultaneous oscillator voices and 32 filters in realtime.
- 4 ADSR envelope generators per note, which allow sharp attack and release.
- 2 Low Frequency Oscillators with 11 different waveforms each.
- 16 Modulation slots with 24 different selectable modulation parameters each.
- Easy to use built-in master effects section consisting of an arpeggiator and 7 sound effects: distortion, phaser, chorus, equalizer, delay, reverb and compression.
- Arpeggiator with built-in step sequencer, 10 different melodic modes, adjustable pitch, velocity and hold settings. Outputs Step Velocity as a modulation source.
- 4-Stage stereo chorus, with 2x oversampling, adjustable delay time, depth, rate and feedback for flanging effects.
- Five different types of distortion in full stereo, with 4x oversampling to minimize aliasing artifacts.
- Equalizer with bass and treble adjustment by frequency and amplification.
- 6-Stage stereo phaser, with 2x oversampling, an embedded LFO, feedback and frequency spread adjustment.
- Delay module with low- and high-pass filters, unique echo smearing function, ping-pong mode with stereo spreading, independent left and right delay time and adjustable stereo width.
- Smooth reverb with adjustable pre-delay, damp, size and stereo width.
- Stereo compressor with attack, release, threshold and ratio settings.
- Heavily optimized code using high-performance SSE processor instructions.
- Easy to use user-interface.
- Fully controllable by MIDI. Knobs can be simply assigned to MIDI CCs using the MIDI learn function.
- Sync mode for syncing LFO and delay parameters to host tempo.
- 2 Modes of portamento sliding, which will slide both velocity and pitch parameters in polyphonic or monophonic mode.
Reviewed By dune_rave
February 15, 2017
I have bought the previous version of Sylenth1 years ago here at the KVR Marketplace - it was a great second-hand buy. Sylenth1 is a unique and fantastic synth, with many inspiring sounds. I'm sure Lennardigital was among the first developers who realized how important is the quality of the factory presets. And if you want more presets there are plenty of free and commercial on the net. About the GUI: even the previous version was OK, but this new version (v2) with the scalable GUI is awesome (+ new skins are planed and coming soon). You don't need a multicore CPU to run this, Sylenth1 uses VERY LITTLE CPU.
V2 uses a new authorization, so it's not simple serial anymore - but it's ok for me. It's interesting, that other developers create "similar" synths, like U-he Hive, or Synthmaster One, but Sylenth1 one remains an alltime classic. I just call these kind of synths v2 synths, that become even better with the new version, so I only can compare Sylenth1 to synths like ImpOSCar 2, FM8, Z3ta+ 2, Blue II, Predator2 ...
And what about a future v3 - who knows?Read more
Reviewed By aumordia
February 13, 2017
I bought Sylenth1 because my DAW came with a bunch of advanced synths that were just way over my head. Almost immediately, great sounds were flying out of my speakers faster than I could dial them in. But eventually, I felt I had gone as far as I could go with such a simple synth -- so I sold it. What a mistake that was. Nothing else hits the sweet spot the way Sylenth1 does -- believe me -- and it's the only synth I've ever purchased twice. Now I have a couple hundred patches programmed for it, and I still stumble upon new, useful, wonderful musical sounds seemingly without trying.
I don't think any other softsynth has as much sprezzatura as Sylenth1. Also, you can't beat its sound quality / CPU usage ratio.
Reviewed By DPhil
December 7, 2016
After demoing some new plugins I still find myself using Sylenth1. I don't exactly know why. Maybe it's the ease of use, the sound quality or just the performance and workflow. I love how limited it is in a good way. You can't mess up a sound, it's just not possible. But nonetheless you can get wild cross modulations and depth out of it. The latest ui improvements perfectly fit into my definition of good looking.
It's a bread and butter synth resulting in so many available widly genre spread soundsets. So the lack of own creativity can get balanced with the work of other professional sound designers.Read more
Reviewed By Arpeggiolo
November 27, 2016
Good warm and generous sounds, what's not to like :)
I especially enjoy the ARP "Good Times"Read more
Reviewed By johncolumbo
June 30, 2014
Sylenth1 is a must have for any serious EDM producer. I use Logic Pro X and Sylenth1 with the 32 Lives app (purchased from their site and needed because it is not compatible with LPX without it). It works flawlessly with 32 Lives and I highly recommend that combination.
It took my productions to the next level right out of the box. The layout of the synth is intuitive if you're familiar with other common software synthesizers. The sounds are amazing... some of them are setup so well out of the box that it felt like they wrote my melodies and bass lines for me.
Their customer support is second to none. I had an issue with my order and they responded within several hours, over the weekend no less, with a resolution.
If you're a student be sure to inquire about their educational discount.
In my opinion you can't lose with this product.