|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
Symphonic Instrument gives users quick and easy access to an 8GB library of quality orchestra sounds for composing, sequencing and rendering realistic orchestral performances.
Built-in convolution reverb allows users to place their ensemble in authentic acoustic spaces, from orchestra sound stages to renowned concert halls to majestic cathedrals. Easy to use controls let users further adjust each instrument to achieve the perfect sound. Sounds can also be directly loaded into MOTU's MachFive sampler plug-in for more advanced layering and programming.
The MOTU Symphonic Instrument provides 16-part multi-timbral operation via the part list on the left-hand side of the window. Users choose the desired instrument for each part and assign a MIDI channel. To layer two or more instruments so that they play the same notes, users simply assign the parts to the same MIDI channel. Instruments to be played separately are assigned a unique MIDI channel. The controls to the right of the part list allow users to adjust the sound of the currently selected instrument, including ADSR amplitude envelope controls, an LFO, two filters, tone controls, pitch controls and velocity response. Global parameters, such as maximum allowed polyphony and global volume/pan, are displayed across the top of the window. Finally, the bottom portion of the window displays controls for the convolution reverb, including a menu for choosing the desired acoustic space and seven knobs for further adjusting the sound of the space. The MOTU Symphonic instrument is driven by the 32-bit UVI engine.
From solo instruments and small ensembles to full tutti orchestra and choirs, the MOTU Symphonic Instrument's 8 GB library includes strings, brass, woodwinds, orchestral percussion, male and female choirs, pipe organs, period instruments and pianos and even timeless classics, including Steinway D and Yamaha C7 pianos. Instrument highlights include:
- Strings: Violin Section, Viola Section, Cello Section, Bass Section, Solo Violin, Solo Viola, Solo Cello, Solo Bass, Harp.
- Brass: Trumpet solo, Trumpet ensemble, Piccolo Trumpet, Flugel Horn, French Horn solo, French Horn ensemble, Trombone solo, Trombone ensemble, Bass Trombone, Tuba, Contrabass Tuba.
- Woodwinds: Flute solo, Flute ensemble, Alto Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet solo, Clarinet ensemble, Bass Clarinet solo & ensemble, Oboe solo, Oboe ensemble, Oboe D'Amore, Bass Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon solo & ensemble, Contra Bassoon.
- Orchestral Percussion: Timpani, Orchestral Cymbals, Orchestral Snare & Bass Drum, Gong, Tubular Bells, Mallets, Celesta, Glockenspiel Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone.
- Tutti: Complete Orchestra, String Orchestra, Brass Orchestra.
- Choirs: Women's Choir, Men's Choir, Children's Choir, Solo Soprano, Solo Tenor.
- Pipe Organ: Baroque Organ, Romantic (cathedral) Organ.
- Piano: Steinway D, Yamaha C7.
- Historical Instruments: Harpsichords, Piano Forte, Viole.
Convolution is a process where the characteristics of a real acoustic space are "sampled" (captured) and then faithfully reproduced, down to the last detail and nuance. Users can choose from a wide variety of acoustic spaces included with the MOTU Symphonic instrument to greatly enhance the realism of their orchestral recordings. Highlights include ensemble chambers, concert halls and soaring cathedrals.