|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Synplant is a software synthesizer with a genetic approach to sound creation. Instead of creating patches the conventional way by turning dials and knobs, Synplant lets you explore a world of organic sounds by planting seeds that grow into synth patches. The purpose of this product is to move focus away from the sometimes intricate and difficult process of sound synthesis and instead let you develop sounds by simply using your ears.
You will find that creating synth patches with Synplant will be as easy as listening and deciding what you like and then having the sounds evolve in the directions you desire. Although Synplant is exceedingly easy to use, whatever you do, do not let its relative simplicity fool you. Beneath its straightforward and playful interface you will find a versatile synthesizer of the utmost quality with lots of character. Also, once you are ready to get your hands dirty and dig deeper into the anatomy of Synplant you will have the option to crack open your sound seeds and modify their underlying genetic code.
Reviewed By PeterL
November 13, 2008
Second day I read the manual and was very surprised when trying this thing in depth again.
I was mostly impressed by the nice FX and fine pads it can produce (although it does many more from basses,drums,leads.....).
Maybe it´s not an ultra-fat analog instrument with trance gate and arppegiator, but you can do full arranged compositions just with this thing, in short said: very inspiring.
So I ended up in buying an official license, although my parents told me not to spend so much money on toys when I was younger:)
My positive impressions:
1) Most innovative synth/GUI I´ve ever seen - yes it´s a synth that lives
2) Very low CPU and stability for its quite good sound
3) You can automate almost every parameter (all in the DNA string) the same time without any problem
4) It´s very easy to create new good sounding presets just on the main GUI. A few synths also offer a random button for presets, but here it is really clever made so almost every CTRL-click on the seed gives a good fresh new sound.
5) Preset management is very good and what I really like is the possibility in previewing an external preset without loading it (just select it and play the keys to try it).
6) Different sound on different keys
7) Switching presets/patches while playing gives no dropouts and makes this synth an ideal instrument for playing live
8) Manual is well written, short but informative (you need to read it only once).
My negative impressions:
1) none so far (what should I say on such a well-thought instrument)
- In any case read the short but very informative manual as suggested
- Move the Mod-Wheel on your keyboard while playing
- Rotate the rotation control (maybe via Midi-Controller) while playing
- Turn on the Help=? in the DNA window to see functionality of every slider
- Don´t judge the presets (although it comes with many of them) and make new sounds for yourself (every child could do it)
- Listen to the demo song on the SonicCharge homepage to get an impression
- Try to blow on a full-grown plant while playing some keys :)
- Don´t add water to the plant (your monitor will thank you)
- Now stop playing and make music !
In summary my formular: Price/(Quality + Stability + Fun^10) = Steal :)Read more