|Product||SynthMaster Player for iOS|
|Price (MSRP)||Free with in app purchases: $4.99 Pro Upgrade|
|Type / Tags|
Minimum Operating System Supported: iOS 8.0
Minimum Hardware Supported: iPad 3rd Generation, iPhone 5
Recommended Hardware: iPad Air and above, iPhone 6 and above
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
SynthMaster Player for iOS is the mobile player version of SynthMaster for iPad and iPhone devices. It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds during music production.
Although it is a preset based player, users can edit the following parameters:
- 8 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer.
- 2 XY Pads assigned by the sound designer.
- Effect bypass states and send amounts.
- Layer bypass states and volumes.
- Master volume, polyphony.
The free app comes with 100 factory presets. When users complete registration by entering their names and email addresses they receive another 100 factory presets as a bonus. After completing registration, users can upgrade to the Pro version of the app by purchasing the "Factory Presets" bank via In-App-Purchase (IAP) for $4.99. With the Pro Upgrade all of the 800 factory presets are loaded and also the following features are unlocked:
- Users can save the changes they have made to the presets.
- Users can purchase additional preset banks via In-App-Purchase (IAP).
- Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don't have to purchase them again.
- Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets (starting with SynthMaster v2.7) and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes.
The built-in 2 octave keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels lets users play notes without having to connect an external MIDI controller to their iPad. With its Scale functionality, it shows the users the notes on the scale, and with its Chord functionality the user can play a certain chord by pressing a single note.
SynthMaster Player for iPad supports CoreMIDI and also virtual MIDI. It acts as a virtual MIDI destination for other DAW apps. MIDI input device, MIDI input channel, and receive MIDI beat clock settings can be adjusted from the MIDI Settings window.
SynthMaster Player for iPad acts as an source/instrument in InterApp Audio. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to InterApp enabled DAW apps.
SynthMaster Player for iPad acts as a source/instrument in AudioBus, with state saving enabled. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to AudioBus enabled DAW apps.
- Minimum Operating System Supported: iOS 8.0.
- Minimum Hardware Supported: iPad 3rd Generation, iPhone 5.
- Recommended Hardware: iPad Air and above, iPhone 6 and above.
Audio demos of SynthMaster Player for iPad factory presets are available on KV331 Audio's SoundCloud channel
Product videos of SynthMaster Player for iPad are available on KV331 Audio's YouTube channel