|Developer||Togu Audio Line|
|Type / Tags|
Windows XP or higher
OS X 10.6 or higher
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
TAL-U-NO-LX is a fully rewritten emulation of the popular hardware with a new engine and GUI. Up to date zero feedback delay filters and carefully calibrated controls make this synth a good replacement for the analog device with all the advantages software plugins have. As an addition, the TAL-U-NO-LX also supports portamento and different filter LFO waveforms and some more useful features. An arpeggiator with different sync modes and hold function is also included. A very fast envelope with a smooth roll-off and emulated inaccuracy gives this synth the typical sound. The synth was calibrated after a hardware device that's property of TAL:
- Self resonating zero feedback delay filter (24dB LP).
- Filter range up to ~40kHz (depends on the sample rate).
- Calibrated and tuned after TAL's hardware device.
- Midi learn / automation for all controls.
- Improved alias free oscillators for an authentic sound also @ 44'100Hz sampling rate.
- Arpeggiator with different sync modes (host, MIDI clock, not on).
- Portamento and mono mode.
- LFO manual trigger button.
- Sustain pedal support.
- Up to 12 voices.
- New file based preset system for transparent preset management.
- More than 300 factory presets by different sound designers (FMR, Particular - Sound, TAL).
- Original hardware "Factory Bank A" included.
Reviewed By tommyzai
April 27, 2013
U-NO-LX by Togu Audio Line is a faithful software emulation of the Roland Juno 60. It has the classic look, right down to the sliders, switches, and color scheme. But, more importantly, it has captured the vintage sound: lush pads, silky strings, and deep basses. It's easy to create good sounds with U-NO. As with the hardware version, the architecture is simple, yet powerful: DCO, HPF, VCF, VCA, ADSR, LFO, Chorus, OSC, Filters, Envelope Control, Arp, etc. Several patches seem to be authentic recreations of the original factory set. This plugin takes me back, and playing it eases the pain and suffering I still feel from selling the original back in the day.
• Straight forward and easy to program
• Great sounding
• Creamy chorus
• Fantastic zero-feedback delay filter
• Rich resonance
• Lots of cool patches, including the original banks
• What it does, it does really, really well!
• Bargain price
• Frequent updates
• Responsive developer.
• Not the most versatile or dirty soft synth, but it's not meant to be.
I highly recommend TAL's U-NO-LX to anyone creating music electronically, especially vintage enthusiast, retro sound design junkies, and rookies, who want to learn synthesis on a legendary synth. It should be noted that TAL has been giving away their plugins for many, many years. U-NO-LX is an amazing creation, and as much as we deserve to use it — TAL deserves a few bucks for creating it. Tommy Zai gives U-NO-LX two thumbs up. Great job TAL. Thank you for breathing life back into an old friend. :-).Read more