|Price (MSRP)||€109 / $129 / £84|
|Type / Tags|
32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista (x64)
VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
OS X 10.6 or higher
AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
FabFilter Timeless is a stereo tape delay plug-in with flexible feedback routing, optional time stretching, two filters and unique drag-and-drop modulation slots.
However, Timeless is not only a modeled classic tape delay, it is capable of much more. With its unique filters and many creative options, Timeless can create delay, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, scratching, and numerous other effects.
It contains two separate L and R delay lines which can be panned individually. Each delay line can be synchronized to the host tempo with fully adjustable offset. A tap feature is provided, and the L/R delay times can be synchronized.
In Tape mode, the delay lines function as a classic tape delay. Changing the delay time will change the pitch of the signal accordingly, enabling you to create scratch-like effects because the delay line responds very smoothly to knob movements. In Stretch mode, the music slows down or speeds up while keeping the pitch the same.
The signal from the delay lines is fed to two high-quality multi-mode filters that are based on FabFilter's unique digital filter technology. Each filter has six different filter characteristics, ranging from smooth with moderate overdrive to extremely raw and self-oscillating. Low-pass, high-pass, band-pass responses and 12/24/48 dB/octave slopes are available, and each filter can be panned to create stereo effects without phase problems. From the filters, the signal is taken back to the delays and can be adjusted per audio channel with the feedback and cross-feedback knobs. Per-channel phase inversion makes it easy to create flanger and phasing effects.
The 24 modulation slots in Timeless provide very flexible modulation possibilities. Setting up modulation connections is easy: just drag a modulation source to any knob that can be modulated to fill a modulation slot. Modulation slots can be inverted and bypassed, and it's also possible to modulate the level knobs of other slots. Almost all parameters can be modulated.
Modulation sources include two LFOs, an Audio/MIDI-triggered envelope generator, and velocity, aftertouch, keyboard track, pitch bend, and mod wheel sources. Each LFO has triangle, square, sine, random triangle, and sample-and-hold wave forms, tempo sync in either straight, triplets or dotted mode, note-on sync, and a wave balance setting. All EG parameters and the LFO frequencies can be modulated.
- L and R delay lines (10 ms - 5 sec) with host tempo sync, panning, and L/R sync.
- Feedback and cross-feedback with L/R sync and phase inversion.
- Tape delay or time stretching behavior when changing the delay time.
- Tap feature.
- Two state-of-the-art multimode filters with filter panning and six characteristics.
- Interactive filter display.
- Two LFOs with tempo/MIDI sync, triangle, square, sine, S&H, and random wave forms, wave balance, polarity.
- Audio/MIDI triggered envelope generator.
- Unique drag-and-drop modulation with 24-slot modulation matrix.
- Velocity, aftertouch, keyboard track, mod wheel and pitch bend modulation sources.
- MIDI Learn.
- Over 100 presets.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.