|Type / Tags|
Windows XP SP3 or later
VST, Standalone: OS/X 10.5 or later
AU: OS/X 10.6 or later
tested with Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin x64
What is tonespace?:
- a chord generator and visualizer.
- displays chords and scales on a grid, making it easy to understand their structure.
- displays chords on a piano keyboard, making it easy to play them.
- supports 39 chord types, 25 chord voicings/inversions, 21 scales, 18 keys, and 50 different grids.
- accepts MIDI input for triggering or viewing chords.
- can output chords over MIDI to your favorite synth.
- acts either as a VST or Audio Unit plugin for your DAW, or as a standalone application.
How do I use it?:
- audition and play chords while you move the mouse around in a grid-like space - or use a traditional MIDI keyboard instead.
- learn how musical scales and keys work, and how chords relate to these, using the simple octave-based spaces.
- discover how chords map onto surprisingly simple geometric shapes in the more advanced spaces.
- use chord-generation algorithms to fit chords to scales and keys automatically.
- trigger chords from monophonic MIDI input and record the played chords using MIDI output.
Now with 64-bit support.