Trax - The Next Generation Voice and Sonic Processing Tools
Trax is a suite of three processors using advanced technology, developed during many years, by the sound analysis/synthesis team at Ircam. These precision tools provide innovative signal transformation algorithms allowing the user to alter sound characteristics such as: pitch, timbre and duration, using an intuitive user interface.
Cross Synthesis - Spectral Envelope Morphing Processor
Trax Cross Synthesis utilizes a phase vocoder (the amplitude and the frequency/phase spectra), to morph the spectral characteristics of two sounds. The amplitude and frequency/phase spectra can be blended continuously and since the features that are used here are strongly non-linear, the sound morphing is non-linear as well, offering a way to create a wide range of new exciting and unusual sound effects.
Ircam Tools plug-ins all provide:
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix DSP based).
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz for native (AU/RTAS/VST).
- Due to the nature of Trax CS/SF, they only support 2 channels.