Trax - The Next Generation Voice and Sonic Processing Tools
Trax is a suite of three processors using advanced technology, developed during many years, by the sound analysis/synthesis team at Ircam. These precision tools provide innovative signal transformation algorithms allowing the user to alter sound characteristics such as: pitch, timbre and duration, using an intuitive user interface.
Source Filter - Enhanced Sound Filtering Processor
Trax Source Filter is based on a signal model decomposing the signal into a time envelope describing the energy/loudness contour of the sound, and a spectral envelope describing the spectral colour of the sound timbre. The energy contour and the spectral colour of the source sound, can be continuously blended with the spectral colour and energy contour of an arbitrary filtrating sound, allowing transformation that extend well beyond the more common source filter morphing effect.
Ircam Tools plug-ins all provide:
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix DSP based).
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz for native (AU/RTAS/VST).
- Due to the nature of Trax CS/SF, they only support 2 channels.