Trax - The Next Generation Voice and Sonic Processing Tools
Trax is a suite of three processors using advanced technology, developed during many years, by the sound analysis/synthesis team at Ircam. These precision tools provide innovative signal transformation algorithms allowing the user to alter sound characteristics such as: pitch, timbre and duration, using an intuitive user interface.
Transformer - Real-time Voice and Sonic Modelling Processor
Trax Transformer is based on an augmented phase vocoder technology and a cutting edge transformation algorithm, allowing for manipulating characteristic properties of a voice such as gender, age and breath, and on any other sound; expression, formant and pitch.
Ircam Tools plug-ins all provide:
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix DSP based).
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz for native (AU/RTAS/VST).
- Due to the nature of Trax CS/SF, they only support 2 channels.