The original Tube-Tech CL 1B is a studio classic, heard on many records for the past 20 years. Like its hardware counterpart, the Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in sounds soft, smooth, groovy and can compress an insane amount of decibels without sounding bad, according to Softube. The CL 1B plug-ins by Softube are the only Tube-Tech plug-ins that are fully endorsed by Tube-Tech.
This plug-in requires no DSP hardware but uses the same modeling technology and algorithms as the Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in for TDM and PowerCore (distributed by TC Electronic). The sound is the same as its predecessor.
- Classic Tube-Tech sound in your computer.
- Created together with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech.
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Fix./man. mode for breaking traditional compression boundaries.
- External sidechain control.
- CPU friendly.
- Gain: Up to +30 dB of make-up gain.
- Ratio: Continuous ratio control from 2:1 to 10:1.
- Threshold: Continuous threshold control from +20 dB to -40 dB.
- Attack: From 0.5 to 300 milliseconds.
- Release: From 0.05 to 10 seconds.
Attack/release select: The Tube-Tech CL 1B features a unique attack/release switch. The switch has three different positions:
- Fixed: In the fixed mode, the attack time is set to 1 millisecond and the release is set to 50 milliseconds.
- Manual: In the manual mode, the attack and release controls work as normal.
- Fix./man: In the fix./man. mode, the release control works as in manual mode. The attack, however, is fixed to a fast attack and the attack knob turns into a delay for the release time.
Sidechain bus select:
- Setting the Sidechain bus select to 'external' lets you use an external sidechain.
Meter options: At your disposal is an old school VU meter capable of showing three different things.
- Input: The VU meter shows the input level.
- Compression: The VU meter shows the amount of gain reduction.
- Output: The VU meter shows the output level.