|Product||Tube-Tech ME 1B|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
The Tube-Tech ME 1B is Tube-Tech's unique take on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equalizer. There's a lot of mojo going on in the Pultec designs, but the biggest mojo of it is that it is so well-designed that almost whatever setting you use, it will sound good.
Just like the PE 1C Pultec equalizer, the Tube-Tech ME 1B is a passive, tube-based equalizer. It was designed to accompany the PE 1C equalizer, and provide control over the frequencies that the PE 1C cannot adjust. On its own it's a great tool to shape the mid- range of any audio material, and together with the PE 1C it becomes a versatile and full featured equalizer.
The focus of the PE 1C, "program equalizer", is the shelving filters and the mid-range boost. It cannot attenuate the mids, and you don't have the ability to get bell shaped filter curves in the lows and highs. The ME 1B solves all these drawbacks of the PE 1C by offering the user three bands of equalization: low frequency boost (200-1000Hz), an almost full range sweepable cut (200-7000Hz) and a high frequency boost (1.5-5kHz).
- Pultec style mid-range equalizer.
- Classic Tube-Tech sound, created together with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech.
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Perfect companion to the Tube-Tech PE 1C.
- Modeled output transformer.
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, etc.
- CPU friendly.